Options

Surfin USA

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited May 7, 2005 in Sports
What else a couple of late afternoon local surf action. I got maybe a couple more good ones :dunno , but heres 2 I slapped together for you'll. Let me know what you think

A Double:

[/IMG]21269591-M.jpg

Gettin a little air :cool again

21207616-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Love the capture and esthetics of the second one. Very nice mood, composition and action.clap.gifclap.gif

Susan
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    the second one, action nice job thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    Love the capture and esthetics of the second one. Very nice mood, composition and action.clap.gifclap.gif

Susan

Hi Susan
    Thank you, glad you approve thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    the second one, action nice job thumb.gif

Hi ya Jeff
    Yeah action, I'm starting to dig this type of photography right next to wildlife, well I guess this qualifies as wildlife too. :D
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 4, 2005
    Good ones Ben thumb.gifthumb.gif

Looks like the lighting was pretty poor. The first shot is a bit on the dark side for me. Maybe adjusting levels a bit might brighten it up. I really like the 2nd one. It's sort of dark too, but because the surfer is silhouetted by the water behind the wave, it works well for me clap.gif

Hey, I gotta tell you, shooting surfers is a blast. I mean, unlike wildlife shooting, you get to see lots of pretty girls in bikinis while shooting.....Laughing.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2005
    Good ones Ben thumb.gifthumb.gif

Looks like the lighting was pretty poor. The first shot is a bit on the dark side for me. Maybe adjusting levels a bit might brighten it up. I really like the 2nd one. It's sort of dark too, but because the surfer is silhouetted by the water behind the wave, it works well for me clap.gif

Hey, I gotta tell you, shooting surfers is a blast. I mean, unlike wildlife shooting, you get to see lots of pretty girls in bikinis while shooting.....Laughing.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve

Hi ya Steve

Bet your excited about this weekend, luck dog clap.gif. You better hit me what with some Killa shots thumb.gif, Oh are ya going?

and please stop giving away our little secrets, about surf shooting :lol4
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 4, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Hi ya Steve

Bet your excited about this weekend, luck dog clap.gif. You better hit me what with some Killa shots thumb.gif, Oh are ya going?
    Yep, I am one of those lucky dogs. Hopefully we wont be wet lucky dogs....lol

Oh well, I think that a 3 day weekend with 35 other Dgrinners shooting Yosemite, even in the rain, has got to beat being here in the rain rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Hi Ben,

The first shot didn't work (the dreaded red "x")ne_nau.gif The second image worked and is fantastic! I love sillows. Well donethumb.gif
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    Kirwin wrote:
    Hi Ben,

The first shot didn't work (the dreaded red "x")ne_nau.gif The second image worked and is fantastic! I love sillows. Well donethumb.gif

Hi ya Kirwin
    the 1st one sucks so I got rid of it, needed to much post work and looked yucky. I'll post a fresh one from the same day.
  • Options
    KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Ha Ha Ha your killin' me.:lol At least you have sense enough to pull a bad shot off the web... I just leave mine on for more ridicule! eek7.gif

bfjr wrote:
    Hi ya Kirwin
    the 1st one sucks so I got rid of it, needed to much post work and looked yucky. I'll post a fresh one from the same day.
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    Kirwin wrote:
    Ha Ha Ha your killin' me.:lol At least you have sense enough to pull a bad shot off the web... I just leave mine on for more ridicule! eek7.gif

You post yucky images, where ?? Point me in the right direction :wow :lol4
    I stuck a fresh one up there for ya :D