Options

Separate prices/different galleries

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
Is there a way to set a "family" or church album's prices cheaper, and still maintain the other prices in the landscapes and nature?

I know this has been discussed. And I think I would have to spend hours on it, but I don't like the message I would be sending to the church, asking as much as I would ask for a landscape: from the parishioners. I give a copy to the church.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Is there a way to set a "family" or church album's prices cheaper, and still maintain the other prices in the landscapes and nature?

When you go to Pro Pricing, you have three options, which you probably missed. You can price a single image, you can price a single gallery, or you can price your entire portfolio. You should go to the album you want for the church pricing, pull down the Custom Pro Pricing menu, click on gallery, then start filling in prices.

What I do is fill in my default pricing under the "portfolio" option. This gives a price automatically to any new albums I add. Then, if I want to price something differently, I do that via a gallery or image price.

One thing that Smugmug did that I like is the ability to quickly price an entire gallery or image based on the pricing of an already existing gallery. However, this could be taken a step further and make things much nicer. The way it is today is a small step to making pricing easier to maintain.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    Thanks, Bill. Smugmug has lots of neat things that I miss. Since that thread about price increases, I have tried to be more aware, to utilize what I have.

All the improvements, unless there is a "need to", I think it is easy to let it slip as to what they are and how to work them.

Thanks for the info, I will do that.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.