Options

Connection reset

mhamiltonmhamilton Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 9, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have been trying to purchase some prints from one of my galleries and have been unable to complete the process. I keep getting the error message that "The connection has been reset". It goes on to say the server may be busy and to try again later. I have tried several times over the past several days with no success.

I am using Safari on a Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.4.

Mark Hamilton

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 9, 2005
    mhamilton wrote:
    I have been trying to purchase some prints from one of my galleries and have been unable to complete the process. I keep getting the error message that "The connection has been reset". It goes on to say the server may be busy and to try again later. I have tried several times over the past several days with no success.

I am using Safari on a Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.4.

Mark Hamilton

Hi,

I'm also using Safari w/OS X 10.4, and I frequently get that same message, not just on SmugMug, but just about anywhere. I think it's a Safari issue, but I don't really know. All I do know is that it happens to me everywhere quite often. I have found that if I just hit the back button, and then submit, or whatever you were doing, again, it usually works. I've had to do that two or three times before it works, but it eventually does.

I know this doesn't help you, but it might narrow it down to a Safari problem :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    This is a Safari issue (v2 in 10.4) related to https sites (not just smugmug). Apple is aware of it I am sure, as their discussion boards are full of reports. Mid-may is when the first patch is expected, until then just keep hitting refresh and trying again. Until the patch you can always download Firefox and use it for mission critical browsing.