Smashing Pumpkins in Dallas

The JackylThe Jackyl Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 25, 2009 in People
These are from the Smashing Pumpkins concert in Dallas of 2007.
They allowed digital cameras in on that tour so I brought in my Canon Powershot A620 which is a P&S camera but it has a good amount of manual options. I tend to stick to manually adjusting white balance, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focus (unfortunately all controls are digital). I did not have a photo pass but I did get to the concert early enough to be right up front in the pit. Well technically right behind my tiny fiance, who was against the barricade. Any feedback is always appreciated. One thing I was worried about was punching up the ISO too high that I figured it might start causing some distortion on this camera (max ISO of only 400 anyways). So other than that I, worked the aperture and shutter speed. Not surprisingly the came out still kinda dark. Though some like the darker shots while others don't.

4eb7fe0e.jpg

e472096d.jpg

1059b586.jpg

a3adf4b2.jpg

32b91df6.jpg

e542a254.jpg

23f48ec1.jpg

242950be.jpg

Really grateful for any C&C anyone wants to give :D

Comments

• The JackylThe Jackyl Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 24, 2009
    I know I'm using a pretty lame camera but still would appreciate any C&C
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    The Jackyl wrote:
    I know I'm using a pretty lame camera but still would appreciate any C&C

Hi, I showed your shots to my son - he is a SP fan - he thinks the shots are pretty 'cool' considering it was a live gig and you weren't using a 'top end' camera. I think that is a ...clap.gif

Cheers, Richard.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Could be that you're not getting responses
    because they ARE sooooooooo dark....I'll just bet with the right combo of lens and light combined with that stage lighting and your close proximity, these could really shine!

I am truly amazed at what you go though...steady hand you have there.

cheers tom~
    tom wise
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    If these are out of a P&S I'd say they rock. Really....most P&S cameras are totally worthless with stage light. Seriously they look great considering.