Deal: Lightroom 2 - $249.88 (delivered)

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited January 27, 2009 in Flea Market
I found a good deal on LR 2 (OK, I should have bought it months ago, but ...:dunno) Anyway, I decided to look into it and found this site Computer Software Plus was selling LR 2 (not an upgrade) for $249.88 (link to deal).

I checked them out at ResellerRatings and found them to have a decent score (7.78).

After I order the product, I go back to their site and note the address ... 1172 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY! Hmmmmm .... I go back to the Reseller Ratings page and only now do I note that they only have 9 lifetime reviews. Had I noticed all that before I ordered, I doubt I would have ordered from them.

The confirmation page indicated that I might get a call to confirm the order - just for security purposes. I'm thinking UhOh, have I goofed it up big time? Anyway, I got a confirmation e-mail right away, with a UPS tracking number. USP confirmed that it was real and in their system.

The good news
I ordered ($249.88, including free express shipping) on 8 Dec and I have it in my hand on 10 Dec. It's the real deal, original Adobe box, genuine Adobe Windows/Mac OS disk, and couple of sheets of Adobe propoganda.

I entered the serial number and it took. Ran the update from inside LR and no hickups.

The point of all this? I am wondering if I just got lucky or is this company on the up-and-up?

Comments

• LivingLargeLivingLarge Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    FYI Lightroom el cheapo
    That is a good retail deal...however, not my intention to throw a wet blanket on anybody here, if you or anyone you know attends an accredited college you can get massive deals on most software titles from www.journeyed.com deal.gif . Lightroom for $99.98 on disk in my hands - full version and did the updatethumb.gif . I also got the Master Creative Suite 4.0 Web Premium for $259 with CS4 Extended along with Dreamweaver and other titles.

Bear in mind that different colleges may offer different discounts. I attend Kaplan online. I have also ordered my MS Office Professional from this program. So far, all titles have arrived on authentic disks with full funtions enabled and what appears to be a full license.:D
    “He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heartis an artist.”
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    That is a good retail deal...however, not my intention to throw a wet blanket on anybody here, if you or anyone you know attends an accredited college you can get massive deals on most software titles from www.journeyed.com deal.gif . Lightroom for $99.98 on disk in my hands - full version and did the updatethumb.gif . I also got the Master Creative Suite 4.0 Web Premium for $259 with CS4 Extended along with Dreamweaver and other titles.

Bear in mind that different colleges may offer different discounts. I attend Kaplan online. I have also ordered my MS Office Professional from this program. So far, all titles have arrived on authentic disks with full funtions enabled and what appears to be a full license.:D
    Yes, the educational discounts are good - for those that have access to them.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Yes, the educational discounts are good - for those that have access to them.

And for those who aren't using them for commercial purposes. Most all of those educational deals come with user agreements that say you can't use the programs for commercial work. deal.gif

Scott you got a good deal - maybe the company is lousy for buying a camera but not so bad for software?
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Lightroom 2 is $189.99 at Amazon Deal of the day today.
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    TPBinKC wrote:
    thumb.gif

Here is the link.:D
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    15% off is easy to find, but more than a third off? That's a smoking hot price.

2 more computers will now have Lightoom!

Thanks!!!
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    TPBinKC wrote:
    Figures!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Yea! I have been meaning to get this forever and now this just gave me a good excuse! I can't wait for it to come! Woohoo!
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Figures!

At least it wasn't the very next week...
  • RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    the Canucks get shafted once again....
    They won't ship to Canada. rolleyes1.gif ... and Amazon.ca wants almost $400CDN headscratch.gifeek7.gif
    edited January 27, 2009
    Raphy wrote:
    They won't ship to Canada. rolleyes1.gif ... and Amazon.ca wants almost $400CDN headscratch.gifeek7.gif

I may have inadvertntly ordered 2 copies today (it seems one is going to the house and one to the office). If this is true I'd be happy to ship the spare to you for exactly what it cost me, plus shipping to Canada. That would still be way less than $400cdn!

If you're interested, PM me.

• RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Shootin1st wrote:
    I may have inadvertntly ordered 2 copies today (it seems one is going to the house and one to the office). If this is true I'd be happy to ship the spare to you for exactly what it cost me, plus shipping to Canada. That would still be way less than $400cdn!

If you're interested, PM me.

Thank you! - PM sent
    edited January 27, 2009
    Raphy wrote:
    Thank you! - PM sent

Replied. I'll let you know how badly I botched Amazon's ordering process tomorrow.