Options

Problem with pricing

Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
edited August 16, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi guys, I'm having a wee problem with adjusting prices since the change to the pricing page / new lab.

Under the old system I could adjust a galleries pricing by a percentage and it would adjust. But now with the new setup, when I select to "Increase by Percentage", all the price entry boxes clear and then when I enter the percentage amount and click apply, nothing happens as all the price-entry-boxes are empty and so the increase doesnt happen?

Is it just me? Can someone else try increasing the prices in one of their galleries by a percentage and see if it works like it used to? Or have I completely lost my marbles? :dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

Tim

ps, loving the new pro-lab options, yea!! go smugmug :barb:clap:ivar:barb:clap:barb:clap:ivar:barb:clap:ivar

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    set 'em to SmugMug default, then do % increase? Let us know.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2009
    yes, I've just tried that and that works ok, I was sure that I was able to do the same thing but with my own prices under the old system. It would make it very handy if I was able to increase or decrease my own set prices by xx%

Is that possible?

Tim
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Velvet-Art wrote:
    yes, I've just tried that and that works ok, I was sure that I was able to do the same thing but with my own prices under the old system. It would make it very handy if I was able to increase or decrease my own set prices by xx%

Is that possible?

Tim

Tim,

This should work and it's working for me. I go to a gallery, choose "Set Prices" from the Tools menu. I have a couple of prices set for that gallery that were set before our release last night. I click "Apply This Pricing: Percent Increase" "60" "To These Products: All Products" then "Apply". It correct increased my $5 print to $7.50 .

Is that what you're having trouble with? If your prices start out as blank, you will need to fill 'em in first (with SmugMug defaults, perhaps) but existing prices should increase just fine using the tools.

-Anne
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2009
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Tim,

This should work and it's working for me. I go to a gallery, choose "Set Prices" from the Tools menu. I have a couple of prices set for that gallery that were set before our release last night. I click "Apply This Pricing: Percent Increase" "60" "To These Products: All Products" then "Apply". It correct increased my $5 print to $7.50 .

Is that what you're having trouble with? If your prices start out as blank, you will need to fill 'em in first (with SmugMug defaults, perhaps) but existing prices should increase just fine using the tools.

-Anne
    SmugMug Support Hero

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, and I've just gone into a gallery and tried the exact steps you've described and it just fills the "Price" boxes with "0.00". When I go into "Set prices" it starts off with the screen ( this is the Bay lab screen) listing the default, portfolio, price, and profit prices, at this point all the boxes under "price" are empty, and the profit is showing that my portfolio default pricing is in place.

My desire is to be able to increase a partcular gallery from my default portfolio pricing by say 50%, but when I select the relevent options to do this and click apply, the pricing boxes just fill up with "0.00".

Is this because I've not manually set the prices for that specific gallery and just used my default portfolio prices?

Tim

ps, kudos for the speedy replies and help.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2009
    Perhaps if you could add to the "Apply This Pricing:" drop-down menu an option to add "Current Portfolio Pricing", would that be a possibility?

Tim
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 29, 2009
    Velvet-Art wrote:
    Perhaps if you could add to the "Apply This Pricing:" drop-down menu an option to add "Current Portfolio Pricing", would that be a possibility?

Tim
    good suggestion. i can make that happen. will likely come out next week.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    bigwebguy wrote:

Woo Hoo clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap

That'd be fantastic. Thanks very much.

Tim
  • Options
    KalrogKalrog Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    bigwebguy wrote:

Don't you know you aren't supposed to pre-announce dates like that?
    Nathan Deckinga
    Leander, Texas
    http://www.2-dphoto.com
  • Options
    SS JennySS Jenny Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    I am having this issue where I did everything as directed above and I get all $0.00 populated in my individual gallery level pricing. What I am trying to do is mark down 50% off of my portfolio prices for one gallery. It ends up changing everything for that gallery to $0.00. Does anyone knows if the new feature "Apply to ... Current Portfolio Pricing" features ever get implemented?
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    SS Jenny wrote: »
    I am having this issue where I did everything as directed above and I get all $0.00 populated in my individual gallery level pricing. What I am trying to do is mark down 50% off of my portfolio prices for one gallery. It ends up changing everything for that gallery to $0.00. Does anyone knows if the new feature "Apply to ... Current Portfolio Pricing" features ever get implemented?
    You can apply your Portfolio Pricing to your gallery and then apply a 50% discount to that pricing. Go to the gallery you want to price out and click on Tools>This Gallery>Set Pricing. Make sure Gallery is selected at the top so you are modifying the pricing for that gallery only.

In the "Apply This Pricing" drop down select "Portfolio Pricing". In the "To These Products" drop down select "All Products". Click Apply.

972378116_23xfd-L.jpg

You have just applied your Portfolio Pricing to the gallery. Now you can apply the 50% discount. In the Apply This Pricing drop down menu select Percent Decrease. Enter your discount, in this case it's 50. In the "To These Products" drop down menu select "All products". Click Apply.

972381582_VbP2x-X3.jpg

Finally click on Save Pricing in the upper right to save your changes.

Another option is to not touch your pricing but to use a Percent Off Coupon and only let it apply to the specific gallery you want to have the discount. The Coupon is the easier of the two methods. http://www.smugmug.com/help/coupon-codes
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto