Options

"Uncle Scam" Street Photo

oddityoddity Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 29, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I haven't done too much street photography before, but I love the idea.
I live in a boring suburb, and I don't get to actual cities too much... so I don't get the opportunity that often. But when I do-- ohh boy :D

Protester photography has always been one of my favourite types of street photos as well. I admire the protester spirit (even if I don't always admire what they're protesting)

So this kindly gentleman is "Uncle Scam"
He was in Harvard Square in Boston, Massachusetts, protesting America's various wars. He had apparently been there for 7 years. Gotta admire the persistence :)

He sang songs and chatted with anyone that approached him.

As I am new to this, any comments, suggestions, or ways to improve whatsoever would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Is the microphone clipped to his beard? That's funny. Anyway, I like the perspective and the highlights from the sun, and it's an interesting subject. I think a major improvement would be if you could read his sign behind him. I'm guessing that would make the shot self-explanatory to a degree which would make it work better in my opinion. Perhaps if you have a different shot where the sign isn't blown out, you could paste it into this shot? Just an idea.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 28, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif
    The sign is distracting...but everything else looks great!
  • Options
    oddityoddity Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2009
    Thank you :)

I agree..
    I did the best I could with that sign... but no hope in salvaging it, in this image at least :P

The sun was very low and intense... I had to squint when I walked in its direction :) Gave the camera problems too... but at the same time, it was very cool light to shoot in.

And yes!
    The microphone is indeed strapped to his beard rolleyes1.gif