edited May 11, 2005 in Landscapes
21792454-L.jpg

Sony 828, RAW, postprocessed in PS CS2
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Nik about time but worth the wait thumb.gifclap.gif now lets see the sun up rolleyes1.gif see what a no lens change camera can do clap.gifclap.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,205 moderator
    edited May 11, 2005
    Nik, that's a nicely framed shot. Have you tried a highlight/shadow treatment on that one yet? I think it could be a good candidate for it.
    Nikolai wrote:

Sony 828, RAW, postprocessed in PS CS2
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Thanks Jeff!
    jwear wrote:
    Nik about time but worth the wait thumb.gifclap.gif now lets see the sun up rolleyes1.gif see what a no lens change camera can do clap.gifclap.gif
    I'm working on the sunrise, should be ready in about 20 min..
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2005
    David, thank you!
    David_S85 wrote:
    Nik, that's a nicely framed shot. Have you tried a highlight/shadow treatment on that one yet? I think it could be a good candidate for it.
    Trust me - there was way more than just shadow/highlights in this post:-) The original was extremely dark so I had to pull some magic PS strings to make it and clean it from CA, etc..
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Nice job, Nik. I know how tough the light was at that time, that's why the only post you see from me from that morning has no sky in it! I'm not sure if I can save any of mine that did, but I'm gonna try!

And hey, let's get out shooting. It's funny, for as close as we live, I hardly saw you at Yosemite. We need to get together and shoot some.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2005
    Thanks, David!
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nice job, Nik. I know how tough the light was at that time, that's why the only post you see from me from that morning has no sky in it! I'm not sure if I can save any of mine that did, but I'm gonna try!
    Yessir, the light was tough. But check this out - I got some sky, too:-)
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=102967#post102967
    DavidTO wrote:
    And hey, let's get out shooting. It's funny, for as close as we live, I hardly saw you at Yosemite. We need to get together and shoot some.
    I agree. Soon we gonna have our famous "June gloom", light should be perfect. I know a few trails in the mountains (Santa Monica, Angeles Crest, Upper Ojaj, and even in Conejo Valley:-) where we can shoot some decent piccies. And AFAIK Jeff is the mountain man himself, so he defitinely could bring something to the table:-)

Cheers, mate!1drink.gif