Options

Another image from my first "Trash the Dress"

jedgar8585jedgar8585 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited January 31, 2009 in Weddings
Here is another image from my first "Trash the Dress" session.

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    I like the look you got from her but he isn't really adding anything to the photo.
    Could use some levels adjustment to add some pop.
    Nice creative shot but doesn't quite work.
    Now if he was back there with one of the bridesmaids making eyes at him you would have a shot ....
  • Options
    unclemuunclemu Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Or since it is a wedding shot having him stare at her atleast keeps the attention in the same place. Him staring off camera doesn't add anything and makes you wonder what he is looking at..which in a different shot may work but for this one it definitely takes away...
    风吹过,地无痕
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    unclemu wrote:
    Or since it is a wedding shot having him stare at her atleast keeps the attention in the same place. Him staring off camera doesn't add anything and makes you wonder what he is looking at..which in a different shot may work but for this one it definitely takes away...

++

I also feel the processing of the image leaves too much on the table...
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    I don't think the processing makes or breaks the shot...it's actually the composition, the overall flatness of lighting and the uninteresting subject matter that makes it difficult to put a finger on "what's missing". There lacks a bit of charisma here. He's as bright as the bride, the bride looks a bit peed (heheh is that a word?) but why? She would not be able to tell whether he was making faces at her or looking the other way (which he is doing), so why the distained look on her face. What is special about this shot? Might be a good question when looking at a photo..what makes it special...what sets it apart...personally, I don't see anything to draw me in and go, "That's really cool".
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552