GKR1GKR1 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited February 7, 2009 in Landscapes
Shot from the overpass.

466817488_p7uTJ-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited February 3, 2009
    WoW, 73 views and not a single comment. If it is bad tell me, I would rather know.:D

I'm a big boy I can take it.
  • Options
    CanonKidCanonKid Banned Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    Wow! That photograph is truly amazing.
  • Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    It's a nice image. Good capture. thumb.gifthumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    Neat picture, I need to learn how to set up exposers to get some fun pictures like this one. What city is that?
    http://jtrankler.smugmug.com
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    Little T wrote:
    Neat picture, I need to learn how to set up exposers to get some fun pictures like this one. What city is that?

Looks like San Diego...I think...

Nice image Amir! thumb.gif

If that is San Diego, and I think it is judging from the signs over the freeway, where did you capture that?
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Looks like San Diego...I think...

Nice image Amir! thumb.gif

If that is San Diego, and I think it is judging from the signs over the freeway, where did you capture that?

Yes, it is San Diego, entering down town from the east end using 163 freeway and it was captured from cabrillo bridge, with a 50mm lens stuck through the fence on a pod for 8 seconds @ f8. The bridge does vibrate a little from the freeway below and cars going by on the bridge. Overall I though it would be really soft looking, but it came out pretty sharp if you ask me.
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    GKR1 wrote:
    Yes, it is San Diego, entering down town from the east end using 163 freeway and it was captured from cabrillo bridge, with a 50mm lens stuck through the fence on a pod for 8 seconds @ f8. The bridge does vibrate a little from the freeway below and cars going by on the bridge. Overall I though it would be really soft looking, but it came out pretty sharp if you ask me.

Every time I drive into downtown on the 163, I look up at that bridge and wonder what I might be able to capture from up there! Then I forget until the next time I pass under it... rolleyes1.gif

From the looks of your image, I need to get off my backside and get up there for some shots.

Nice work! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Every time I drive into downtown on the 163, I look up at that bridge and wonder what I might be able to capture from up there! Then I forget until the next time I pass under it... rolleyes1.gif

From the looks of your image, I need to get off my backside and get up there for some shots.

Nice work! thumb.gif

I know what you mean, it took me few months beofre I was motivated enough to go up there. I think I might go back up there again this Sunday evening to shoot from east to west, you get airplanes coming in and if you just time it right you can get the plane in the shot with streaming strobes from the wing tips and tail. I think it would make a cool captuer. I was planing on Oceanside pier, but this bridge is way closer to my house.mwink.gif
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    This is a really beautiful evening image and a perfect example of nice evening light and a composition that works! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    Beauty
    I am just imaging how many cars and people would have passed leaving light trails that you have captured.....
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    Yup, this rocks! Beautifully exposed and a killer composition.

Well Done, Shaneclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2009
    Thank you all for the kudos.bowdown.gif