Options

My first Yosemite Pic,still processing

MHughesMHughes Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited May 12, 2005 in Landscapes
21808217-M.jpg

I had a blast meeting everyone, I am enjoying the pictures everyones sharing..

Thanks Mr. & Mrs. Baldy and son and to you as well Andy for putting this together it was a blast!! :thumb I have other pictures just still working them out and I keep dozing, that 4 am wiped me out:rofl
[size=-1][/size] "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." -Diane Arbus-

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Great Shot
    MHughes wrote:

I had a blast meeting everyone, I am enjoying the pictures everyones sharing..

Thanks Mr. & Mrs. Baldy and son and to you as well Andy for putting this together it was a blast!! thumb.gif I have other pictures just still working them out and I keep dozing, that 4 am wiped me outrolleyes1.gif
    Yosemite looks an incredible place to visit, what a lovely shot you have posted here........it's hard for me to comprehend Mountains because we just down have them anywhere near where I live........nor do we have huge buildings.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time......I would have loved to have gone too......ohhhhh well.......maybe next time :D

Thanks for sharing............. very nice shot indeed...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2005
    Thanks Skippy, it is incredible and I hope next time you do get to see it, maybe someday we will have to come visit Australia..
    [size=-1][/size] "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." -Diane Arbus-
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Hey Missy,

What a terrific shot I can't wait to see the rest of your pics. I will have to see them in the Landscapes, Cityscapes forum though. I'm gonna move this one on over there.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 11, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Yosemite looks an incredible place to visit, what a lovely shot you have posted here........it's hard for me to comprehend Mountains because we just down have them anywhere near where I live........nor do we have huge buildings.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time......I would have loved to have gone too......ohhhhh well.......maybe next time :D

Thanks for sharing............. very nice shot indeed...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy,
    We would have loved to have you with us. If for no other reason than to interpret for Gus.......Laughing.gif The first afternoon when I picked him up at the Train Sta. I could barely understand him ne_nau.gif After 3 days with him, Andy and I were sharing Cherry Ripes and Vegamite with our new mate :lol I wish I would have had my camera out when he caught his first glimpse of snow. He was soooooo excited rolleyes1.gif

Missed ya Skippy,

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2005
    Nice one Missy thumb.gifthumb.gif

Man, I don't know how you did it. Connie is a trooper, but she is only a child afterall. For you to have to get the Hughes' ready to go shoot a sunrise must have been tough eek7.gif Good thing you're still young.....lol

Keep those pics coming clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Very Funny Steve
    Skippy,
    We would have loved to have you with us. If for no other reason than to interpret for Gus.......Laughing.gif The first afternoon when I picked him up at the Train Sta. I could barely understand him ne_nau.gif After 3 days with him, Andy and I were sharing Cherry Ripes and Vegamite with our new mate :lol I wish I would have had my camera out when he caught his first glimpse of snow. He was soooooo excited rolleyes1.gif

Missed ya Skippy,

Steve
    Awwwwwww your exageratin' now aint ya eek7.gif Gus does speak english rolleyes1.gif well actually he speaks two languages.... English and Australian :lol4

So what did ya think of the Ozzie Vegemite? well yeah Cherry Ripes are nicer I know, but I doubt you well ever find an Ozzie who wasn't brought up on Vegemite ..... now I bet if Andy took that stuff back home to Nancy she'd be shocked at the color of it for sure rolleyes1.gif I know it looks like Axle Grease, but really ya just gotta remember its NOT PEANUT BUTTER, and you don't lay it on thick like Peanut butter either or you could find yourself barfing :puke
    Well maybe I could make it to the next big event you guys have, that would be nice........take care Steve.......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2005
    Thank you for moving it....Thanks I am starting to go through my pictures. I put some of fern spring falls up in landscapes,citiscapes...
    Harryb wrote:
    Hey Missy,

What a terrific shot I can't wait to see the rest of your pics. I will have to see them in the Landscapes, Cityscapes forum though. I'm gonna move this one on over there.
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2005
    Thanks Steve, yeah actually its usually Connie and I whom ditch the sunrises he says I am going to go get a sunrise and I mumble I love you and fall back asleep rolleyes1.gif So I think he was shocked that we both got up and ready and darn now he knows we are capable..

Nice one Missy thumb.gifthumb.gif

Man, I don't know how you did it. Connie is a trooper, but she is only a child afterall. For you to have to get the Hughes' ready to go shoot a sunrise must have been tough eek7.gif Good thing you're still young.....lol

Keep those pics coming clap.gif

Steve
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Awwwwwww your exageratin' now aint ya eek7.gif Gus does speak english rolleyes1.gif well actually he speaks two languages.... English and Australian :lol4

So what did ya think of the Ozzie Vegemite? well yeah Cherry Ripes are nicer I know, but I doubt you well ever find an Ozzie who wasn't brought up on Vegemite ..... now I bet if Andy took that stuff back home to Nancy she'd be shocked at the color of it for sure rolleyes1.gif I know it looks like Axle Grease, but really ya just gotta remember its NOT PEANUT BUTTER, and you don't lay it on thick like Peanut butter either or you could find yourself barfing :puke
    Well maybe I could make it to the next big event you guys have, that would be nice........take care Steve.......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy,
    Sure Gus speaks English, but some of the phrases he uses needed explaining. I mean, I have trouble understanding some of his posts too......lol So when he starts talking fast it can be tough to keep up with him lol3.gif

If all you Ozzies are kewl as Gus, you all must have a ball with each other. He was killing Andy and I with his stories :lol Like the one about the Yowwee.....lol
    I agree with you about Vegamite being an acquired taste. Gus told us you folks grow up eating it. He even sang us the Vegamite jingle :lol4

Damn, we had a ball thumb.gif

Thanks for responding Skippy and have a ball on your holiday clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero