Kite surfing in San Diego

ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited February 7, 2009 in Sports
Yesterday it was windy enough for the kite surfers to come out. it's kind of frustrating to me to take pictures of them because the kites are so far away from the people, but there was a cool sailboat going by and I was there taking pictures of someone doing regular surfing, so hey, some kite surfer pictures.

Cool red glasses
468455655_tAVf4-M.jpg

Nice hat and someone else's kite:
468458243_VQBhJ-M.jpg

Sailboat wandered off but this guy seemed to be having fun.
468453138_orVXr-M.jpg

and just a plain old regular surfer with the cool sailboat in the background.
468453634_U7WH9-M.jpg

Taken with my new D700 and trusty, repaired, 80-400 zoom.

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    Jeeze it is tough to get the sail and the kite surfer in one frame. I gave up & just focus on getting the kite surfer.

Couldn't you get them catching air? The beach shooting site is not the best since they're grounded. Is there a pier or break where you could get out a little further. We have a good condition near me (norcal) that allows some nice close ups while catching air.

362896859_JkKbn-M.jpg
    Rags
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Jeeze it is tough to get the sail and the kite surfer in one frame. I gave up & just focus on getting the kite surfer.

Couldn't you get them catching air? The beach shooting site is not the best since they're grounded. Is there a pier or break where you could get out a little further. We have a good condition near me (norcal) that allows some nice close ups while catching air.

we don't really have kite surfers up that often down here, wind isn't very consistent.
    They caught a little bit of air but seemed to be facing the other way, I didn't want to get the hey there are no faces rap... but here's one (with no face).
    468439261_4gFUD-M.jpg
    anna
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Looks good to me. Yeah I guess some folks need faces, but the last shot is more exciting to view than the original series.
    Rags