Options

Need some help with digital photo professional

nicki2414nicki2414 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited February 7, 2009 in Weddings
ok so maybe I should be posting this somewhere else but I don't know where and I post here the most.

I just got a new computer and can't find my ddp software anywhere!!!

I have looked online but can't seem to find where I could download it. Is it possible, or is there a way to get my hands on a copy?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    nicki2414 wrote:
    ok so maybe I should be posting this somewhere else but I don't know where and I post here the most.

I just got a new computer and can't find my ddp software anywhere!!!

I have looked online but can't seem to find where I could download it. Is it possible, or is there a way to get my hands on a copy?

Thanks in advance!

Piece of Cake.

You have to select your Operating system for your computer and then it will appear.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=314&modelid=14256
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2009
    i was going to try that but then I saw this...

Setup

Make sure that at least one of the following applications is installed.
    - Digital Photo Professional
    - EOS Viewer Utility
    - File Viewer Utility
    - RAW Image Task

If the applications above are not installed on a PC running Windows Vista, make sure that you prepare one of the following CD-ROMs.
    - EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk v1 to v19
    - DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk v2 and v38
    - Digital Photo Professional Disk v1 to v1.6

1. Download dpp352en.exe from the download page.

2. Double-click dpp352en.exe.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    (If the User Account Control window appears, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.)
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited February 6, 2009
    AFAIK, you need to load DPP onto your machine from the CD that came with your camera. Then, to update it to the current version, Canon's pages (use link two posts up) can direct you to the updated version, currently 3.5.1.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2009
    yep just tried and and no luck still need the cd

so if I do not have the cd/can't seem to find where I put it am I done???
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    There's a way to get this to work without the original release disk. I remember reading a registry hack that fools the install software into believing that you've already installed one of prerequisite software items.

Quick google search found [URL="http://www.adidap.com/2006/11/02/what-to-do-if-you-lost-your-canon-software-cd/
    "]this link[/URL]

Disclaimer: I've not tried this. Editing your registry is a good way to completely trash your Windows install. If you break it -it's on you. YMMV

Seriously, editing your registry is not a big deal. Do a backup of it first though.

You can also try the download here. FWIW - cdifoto is a good guy and frequent poster on POTN. All the same, check the download for viruses before you use it.
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2009
    Thanks scott, once again a big help. The download worked great and no virus. If anyone else needs it I ran it through 3 virus scanners and came out clean on all of them. Your a life saver!