Options

My nav bar is too low!

Rugger229Rugger229 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 13, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Hi. I'm a smugmug rookie and appreciate your tutorials very much. I did a custom header that I'm ok with for now, but now I'm trying to do the nav menu and the buttons end up too low on the page.
Can you help a rookie out or should I hit the css/html books?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited February 13, 2009
    Rugger229 wrote:
    Hi. I'm a smugmug rookie and appreciate your tutorials very much. I did a custom header that I'm ok with for now, but now I'm trying to do the nav menu and the buttons end up too low on the page.
    Can you help a rookie out or should I hit the css/html books?
    Thanks.
    We need your site url in order to help.

I'd recommend that you add it to your signature so that it is on every post. Click You! above and to the left, then Edit signature.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2009
    CampbellFamilyPhotography.smugmug.com
    Thank you.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    Rugger229 wrote:
    CampbellFamilyPhotography.smugmug.com
    Thank you.
    The first thing you need to do is make your banner image visible to the rest of us. You may be able to see (probably because it's in your browser cache), but we can't see it. These are the common problems that can cause that issue:
    1. You don't have the right URL
    2. The gallery it's in does not have external linking enabled
    3. In the gallery it's in, you have marked the image as [X] Hidden. You will still see it, but we will not
    4. The gallery has a password on it.
    5. You have not enabled public access to the size that you've linked (which is original in this case).
    You can test out whether it's working by opening another browser (on your computer or on another computer) that has never been to the gallery where the banner is located.

If, for some reason, you can't figure this out, the please post a link to the gallery that you have this image in and I'll take a look at which issue may be causing it. After you have your banner image visible, we can easily fix the navbar location, but I need to be able to see the banner first.

FYI, it's great if you add your site link to your dgrin signature so it's always there for the people that want to help you.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2009
    Ok, I think I've done that now. I tested it in a different browser and could see the banner. Thanks for your great help so far.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    Rugger229 wrote:
    Ok, I think I've done that now. I tested it in a different browser and could see the banner. Thanks for your great help so far.
    Great, I can see the banner now. First, change the height and width of your banner CSS to match the height and width of your graphic.
    #my_banner {
    width: [COLOR=red]750[/COLOR]px;
    height: [COLOR=red]150[/COLOR]px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    background: url(http://looseheaddesigns.smugmug.com/photos/473034967_pWkon-O.gif) no-repeat;
    }

Then, add this line of CSS:

#navcontainer {height:40px; margin-top:10px; font-size:120%;}
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2009
    Lovely!
    All fixed. Thank you.
    I'm going to brush up on my css and html before I tackle anything else. I'm really interested in making it more impressive.
    I greatly appreciate the quick responses.