Options

Lower Maine - need sunrise suggestions

bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited February 15, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Every year after Christmas with the in-laws near Concord NH I head over to Maine one of the first days after Christmas to shoot. I usually spend some time in Ogunquit (One of my favorite places) and maybe York - last year I found Fort Foster State Park and got some great shots in the magic hour befor sunset.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a good day (weather wise, at least in the morning) and I am looking for a spot to shoot the sunrise and some other nice interesting areas/landscapes. I was thinking of ranging up to kennebunkport or biddeford maybe following route 9.

Google Maps only tells you so much. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    I usually dont go to much south of Portland, Wish I could help. Have you tried some image searches?
  • Options
    JabbaJabba Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Just south of York is a great spot called Brave Boat harbor. Bring some hipboots and tell somebody where you're going in case you get lost. I realize you're probably home already, but check it out on google earth for next year!~ Great place to kayak in the summer, but watch those tides!
  • Options
    mrbill62mrbill62 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    My visits to lower Maine ALWAYS include a stop to Cape Neddick's Nubble Lighthouse.
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    I never miss it either. I have framed quite a few for my office.
  • Options
    bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    mrbill62 wrote:
    My visits to lower Maine ALWAYS include a stop to Cape Neddick's Nubble Lighthouse.
    Can we see a shot of the lighthouse. I visit Ogunquit one day a year on my way to vacation in the mid Maine lakes region. It usually consist of a walk through town and a dinner at the Lobster Pound. My wife is always bugging me about stopping in a few places like Kennebunkport but i'm trailoring a boat and I don't like manuevering through unfamiliar small towns and there's always a parking issue. We'll be heading up in a couple months after ice out so maybe i'll try to slow down and take a few photos this year. I don't take a lot of vacation or scenic photos beacause I do this every day and a camera is usually the last thing I want to see, unless I can find a way to build one into my flyrod :D
  • Options
    lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    Cape Neddick Light (Nubble Light)

473971925_5K49n-L-0.jpg