Lemme know what you think!

Cheers! :1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Great shots Nik.

I really want a IR camera now :( but thats not budgeted for at least a year or two.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2005
    And I want 20D!
    Great shots Nik.
    I really want a IR camera now :( but thats not budgeted for at least a year or two.
    ..and a lot of L glass:-)
    But my budget is much worse than yours:-(
    Especially after my car-related adventures in SF before the shootout - that would be at least the whole 20D body:-(

Thanks for your attention!
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2005
    Ahh yeah I heard about your car. Guess what. Last tuesday two days before I was leaving my car died. The oil pump stopped working so I am replacing that this weekend but odd's are very good that I will end up having to put a new engine in the van now. For some reason last week and the begining of this week just went horrible for me. Oh well.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2005
    I LOVE the first one. I'm really quickly becoming very intreested in IR shots. They are amazingthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2005
    Sorry about it..
    Ahh yeah I heard about your car. Guess what. Last tuesday two days before I was leaving my car died. The oil pump stopped working so I am replacing that this weekend but odd's are very good that I will end up having to put a new engine in the van now. For some reason last week and the begining of this week just went horrible for me. Oh well.
    Don't you just HATE it when this sort of things happens?
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2005
    Thank you sir!
    rahmonster wrote:
    I LOVE the first one. I'm really quickly becoming very intreested in IR shots. They are amazingthumb.gif
    Well, in this case check Andy's shots. He's IR guru (I'm simply trying to learn from him). I got IR grove from him (at stf), followed his advise to modify my 828 by www.maxmax.com, etc. Learn from the best! I'm just an apprentice...

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 13, 2005
    Very nice shots Nik thumb.gifthumb.gif

Let's hope these recently posted IR shots kindle some interest here in this kewl alternative to B&W and color clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited May 13, 2005
    Having fun with those yet? Nik, I really like those IR shots at the top of the thread. clap.gifclap.gif (one clappy smilie guy for each IR picture).

BTW, that's a friend of mine in my town that posted the battery modification for the 828 flash unit at S.T.F. yesterday. He's been working on that problem for about a year now. I haven't seen it in action personally yet, but if its anything like his home-grown bike lights, it should work perfectly.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2005
    Thanks Steve!
    Very nice shots Nik thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Let's hope these recently posted IR shots kindle some interest here in this kewl alternative to B&W and color clap.gif
    Steve
    It is very interesting, I agree!
    And, what's even more interesting (pour moi), it seems to be my first decent IR shots ever:-)
    I mean - I tried IR before, but for some reason never got anything good enough to post anywhere. But here I saw Andy's and Eric's fine IR images and decided to give it a bit more effort in post.. Glad you like it:-)
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2005
    Yesir, I do!
    David_S85 wrote:
    Having fun with those yet? Nik, I really like those IR shots at the top of the thread. clap.gifclap.gif (one clappy smilie guy for each IR picture).

BTW, that's a friend of mine in my town that posted the battery modification for the 828 flash unit at S.T.F. yesterday. He's been working on that problem for about a year now. I haven't seen it in action personally yet, but if its anything like his home-grown bike lights, it should work perfectly.
    Thank you for two clappers!clap.gifclap.gif

Good news on that battery.. I'm looking forward to have this modification. FX32 is a real juice hog, especially in B mode. By any chance he came out with LED portable vanity lights yet?

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited May 13, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Good news on that battery.. I'm looking forward to have this modification. FX32 is a real juice hog, especially in B mode. By any chance he came out with LED portable vanity lights yet?
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    I have no doubt that John will add L.E.D.'s sooner or later, just for the fun of it. I can PM his email address to you if you're serious about doing your own mod of the flash unit. After his real-world test, there's bound to be some design updates.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2005
    Very nice shots. thumb.gif The chapel image is quite dramatic with the foreboding dark mountains in the background. For some reason in this shot and in another shot that I saw a while back on another forum, the IR effect reminds me of a mystery suspense theme- hope you don't mind me saying that. :D This a another dramatic art form, IMHO and is waiting for a cool title to continue the theme. I like the second image too.

Susan
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2005
    Yes please!
    David_S85 wrote:
    I have no doubt that John will add L.E.D.'s sooner or later, just for the fun of it. I can PM his email address to you if you're serious about doing your own mod of the flash unit. After his real-world test, there's bound to be some design updates.
    If it's not a trouble.. Or I can ask at STF..

Thank you!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2005
    I don't mind at all!
    SusanB wrote:
    Very nice shots. thumb.gif The chapel image is quite dramatic with the foreboding dark mountains in the background. For some reason in this shot and in another shot that I saw a while back on another forum, the IR effect reminds me of a mystery suspense theme- hope you don't mind me saying that. :D This a another dramatic art form, IMHO and is waiting for a cool title to continue the theme. I like the second image too.

Susan
    I think you're correct, IR usually brings the drama into the picture.
    Thank you for your comments!thumb.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I think you're correct, IR usually brings the drama into the picture.
    Thank you for your comments!thumb.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif

nod.gifnod.gif
    that's why i dig it so much. nice work, nik!
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2005
    Andy,
    andy wrote:
    nod.gifnod.gif
    that's why i dig it so much. nice work, nik!
    My sincere gratitude to you!
    I started the whole IR thing only because I loved your IR work so much bowdown.gif
    I was hoping to get at least somewhat close to your quality, and I'm extremely glad if you find this to be a step in a right direction.clap.gif

Cheers, mate! ('diz ozzie talk is surely contagious:-)1drink.gif