Options

Carlsbad, CA

catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
edited February 18, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Hey San Diego area folks:

I'm going to be down in San Marcos in another two weeks, and have some time to kill. I suspect we'll skip over to Carlsbad if the weather is obliging. Are there any great places to explore, photographically speaking? I'll be with my best friend (and her newborn) so she's pretty used to this and we're just spending time together so a few hours of me totting the camera around is almost expected. Only so much baby-time I can do before I need diversions. :D

any suggestions definitely appreciated -- I've been around Carlsbad a few times, enough to know I'd love to explore it for a few days entirely on my own, but alas -- limited time and we're better off knowing where to head to accommodate small tots and their nap schedules ;)
//Leah

Comments

• Options
    CoreheadCorehead Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    I don't know if those big flower farms in Carlsbad are blooming right now but, if they are, and especially if it's sunny, you might want to grab a few shots.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2009
    heading down this Thursday! clap.gif

any other suggestions?
    //Leah
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    heading down this Thursday! clap.gif

any other suggestions?
    raincoat.

Seriously. California is getting its much needed rain. Bay area has been raining nearly non-stop and friends in SD have been telling me the same and more rain is coming this Friday.

And already you know that we don't know how to drive in the rain and SD is worse.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2009
    aktse wrote:
    raincoat.

Seriously. California is getting its much needed rain. Bay area has been raining nearly non-stop and friends in SD have been telling me the same and more rain is coming this Friday.

And already you know that we don't know how to drive in the rain and SD is worse.

check. thanks for the reminder ;) I'll bring my shutter hat too in case I do any outside shooting. Mostly a lot of indoor baby photos I suspect iloveyou.gif
    //Leah
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    Hey San Diego area folks:

I'm going to be down in San Marcos in another two weeks, and have some time to kill. I suspect we'll skip over to Carlsbad if the weather is obliging. Are there any great places to explore, photographically speaking? I'll be with my best friend (and her newborn) so she's pretty used to this and we're just spending time together so a few hours of me totting the camera around is almost expected. Only so much baby-time I can do before I need diversions. :D

any suggestions definitely appreciated -- I've been around Carlsbad a few times, enough to know I'd love to explore it for a few days entirely on my own, but alas -- limited time and we're better off knowing where to head to accommodate small tots and their nap schedules ;)

I'm not real familiar with Carlsbad, I've found more than enough to shot down here so far, but you won't be too far from the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It may be somewhat more of a time investment than you're looking for, but a definite must see if you have the time/the weather cooperates. And, YES, bring a rain coat just in case... we're having Un-San Diego-Like weather at the moment!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    I'm not real familiar with Carlsbad, I've found more than enough to shot down here so far, but you won't be too far from the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It may be somewhat more of a time investment than you're looking for, but a definite must see if you have the time/the weather cooperates. And, YES, bring a rain coat just in case... we're having Un-San Diego-Like weather at the moment!

yup! done that before including the photo safari :) alas, that was BEFORE I upgraded, but I still have some amazing shots from that adventure. With the rain, I'll probably wait to do it another time. But it's definitely the ONE place I try to 'force' people to go to (even those like my mom who hates zoos) when they are in the area. Awesome experience!! clap.gif
    //Leah
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2009
    Tee Why wrote:
    There is USS Midway Museum in San Diego.
    http://www.midway.org/site/pp.asp?c=eeIGLLOrGpF&b=3038957

Oo, that could be fun even in the rain. Thanks!! :D
    //Leah