Options

FH: Freelance as Retoucher?

TMACTMAC Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited February 18, 2009 in For Hire
I would like to make some extra money assisting photographers in retouching photos using Photoshop CS3. I have experience and also have pre-set actions through Kubota. Please send a PM if there is interest. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    TMAC wrote:
    I would like to make some extra money assisting photographers in retouching photos using Photoshop CS3. I have experience and also have pre-set actions through Kubota. Please send a PM if there is interest. Thank you.

Just curious-- how do you retouch raw files from newer cameras like the 5DMKII if you only have CS3? headscratch.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Quantum3Quantum3 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    Just curious-- how do you retouch raw files from newer cameras like the 5DMKII if you only have CS3? headscratch.gif

By using Camera RAW. Photoshop comes with Camera RAW which is a RAW Editor very similar to Lightroom and iy gets updated as new cameras appears in the marke.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Quantum3 wrote:
    By using Camera RAW. Photoshop comes with Camera RAW which is a RAW Editor very similar to Lightroom and iy gets updated as new cameras appears in the marke.

Actually, CS3 does NOT offer raw support for the 5DMKII. Look it up or try it out. That was my point. Yes, Adobe's camera raw has been updated to include the 5DMKII, but it only works for the latest version of Photoshop. Which these days is CS4, not CS3. deal.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Quantum3Quantum3 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    Actually, CS3 does NOT offer raw support for the 5DMKII. Look it up or try it out. That was my point. Yes, Adobe's camera raw has been updated to include the 5DMKII, but it only works for the latest version of Photoshop. Which these days is CS4, not CS3. deal.gif

JAjaJAjjaJAj What a nice icon! deal.gif It resumes all XD
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,921 moderator
    edited February 15, 2009
    dogwood wrote:

If you don't mind the extra step, you can use free Adobe software to convert the files to DNG, which CS3/ACR 4.x can process. Note: I haven't tried this myself, so I don't know what dragons lurk there, but I have read reports from people who claim it works fine.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    And of course there is always an option of saving RAW as 16-bit TIFF mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    kisikisi Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    i think you can also convert the raw files in lightroom 2 and then edit in ps3. at least that's what i'm hoping, since i just ordered the 5dmkii ;)
    Kimberly Salem Photography
    food, portraits and weddings :D
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    kisi wrote:
    i think you can also convert the raw files in lightroom 2 and then edit in ps3. at least that's what i'm hoping, since i just ordered the 5dmkii ;)
    If I remember correctly, not directly.