NEW!!! "For Hire" Sub-Forum

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited April 13, 2009 in Flea Market
Hey dgrinners,

We're going to try something new... There has been enough request to warrant trying out a "services" subforum here in Flea Market. Basically along the lines of "FH (for hire): wedding photographer seeking work in Boston, MA" - or better yet, we all love photography, but its hard to shoot your own wedding "WTH: wedding photographer in Boston, MA." This won't be limited to photography, other services are fair game as well, retouching, photo-website design, etc.

We do NOT want this to turn in Craigslist and we do not want to detract from all the good sharing of info here. This is first and foremost a place to discuss, share, and learn more about photography.

Let's see how it goes.
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Great idea, Erik! thumb.gif
    I'm sure the initial quirks will sort themselves out quickly once everybody understands what is it about :D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    So it is alright to post availability to be someone's 2nd shooter and that sort?
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2009
    So it is alright to post availability to be someone's 2nd shooter and that sort?
    It's all in the description and guidelines - if you looking for or offering photographic services, then For Hire is your forum.
    Erik

edited February 17, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    It's all in the description and guidelines - if you looking for or offering photographic services, then For Hire is your forum.
    Heh, I'll bite :-)
    edited February 18, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Heh, I'll bite :-)
    I would have been shocked if you didn't nod.gif

But really, that's kind of the idea. We're not looking to bring in new folks with this sub-forum, its more for you guys, that have been around forever, to slightly more formally "advertise" and connect with each other. It's great to talk on the forum, but sometimes a little official help/service/get-together can go miles further.
    Erik

edited February 18, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I would have been shocked if you didn't nod.gif

But really, that's kind of the idea. We're not looking to bring in new folks with this sub-forum, its more for you guys, that have been around forever, to slightly more formally "advertise" and connect with each other. It's great to talk on the forum, but sometimes a little official help/service/get-together can go miles further.
    thumb.gifclap.gifwings.gifiloveyou.gif
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    wow, what a good idea! I'd bite...:)
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • 138photog138photog Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 12, 2009
    Would this be a good place to look for an assistant position? I would love to work with an establish photographer as an assistant...would posting a resume be ok? Or just posting a "FH: Assistant" and then privately sending a resume to those interested be better?
    edited April 13, 2009
    138photog wrote:
    Would this be a good place to look for an assistant position? I would love to work with an establish photographer as an assistant...would posting a resume be ok? Or just posting a "FH: Assistant" and then privately sending a resume to those interested be better?

Yes, of course.

and

The latter - post enough detail to initiate a private interaction with another photog.
    Erik