475912069_75MEW-M.jpg

475913054_RcgDy-M.jpg

475915183_6BeT2-M.jpg

475918430_KrhS7-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    Hey Josh. I really like #4...that works real well. All of these need color correction and some black point pop. You may find upping the exposure a tad using the curves layer at the same time will make these stand out a bit better.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Hey Josh. I really like #4...that works real well. All of these need color correction and some black point pop. You may find upping the exposure a tad using the curves layer at the same time will make these stand out a bit better.

thumb.gif I agree with Dave.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    codiac2600codiac2600 Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    As mentioned the skin tones in every photo are different to some extent... some too magenta some too green and some just missing contrast.

Usually for business work you see a lot of hard light and it seems more soft in these.

I would really love #3 but it's too dark for my taste. Maybe a levels adjustment than curves to bring back some of the lost shadow detail. Out of this bunch #4 is the strongest and a proud photo indeed. It's one issue is the skin tones seem a little yellow and magenta on my calibrated monitor, but I don't know what the reference is.
    -Chris :)
    http://simplyphotostudio.com
    http://decayedbeauty.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    A combination of a suite from #4 and the rest from #7 would be the total winner in my eyes...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    beachluverbeachluver Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2009
    I like #4
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    The first two watch you bkgs (something I always struggle with this in the heat of the moment) there are objects that pull you eye away from the subject. In #2 maybe you should have centered his head in the framing behind his head. #4 is nice because you related what he does to him but in all the outside ones he has racoon eyes due to not enough light in them. A reflector to bounce light back into his eyes would have helped these alot.