Options

eye-one help

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited February 23, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi, I just purchased and used the Eye-one device to calibrate my monitor and have been pleased with the results. Documentation is not great however, and the package came with an ambient light measurement head, but nowhere in the calibration process is this called for. I performed the calibration with dim lights in the room as they advised, but I don't know if that ambient light head was supposed to be part of the process, or is it something that adjusts the profile after the fact?
if there are any eye-one users out there with some help would appreciate it.
Chris

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Hi, I just purchased and used the Eye-one device to calibrate my monitor and have been pleased with the results. Documentation is not great however, and the package came with an ambient light measurement head, but nowhere in the calibration process is this called for. I performed the calibration with dim lights in the room as they advised, but I don't know if that ambient light head was supposed to be part of the process, or is it something that adjusts the profile after the fact?
    if there are any eye-one users out there with some help would appreciate it.
    Chris

Its not real useful, I wouldn't worry about it. Its supposed to allow you to measure the ambient light of a viewing booth to match the luminance of the display, but you end up having to do this by eye anyway. The correct luminance is that which produces a good visual match. Might be 140 cd/m2, 160, 130, you need to just test until you get a visual match.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/