Options

Add Photos/Tools/Themes/Share not working

MogMog Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited March 21, 2009 in SmugMug Support
As title, the standard Smumug menus are not working ( Add Photos/Tools/Themes/Share ) I click on them and nothing happens !

This is happening on multiple machines with IE, Safari, Firefox ?

Any help much appreciated..

mog.smugmug.com

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Hi Mog,

This sounds like some kind of virus, firewall or internet security software blocking our javascript. I would recommend troubleshooting this on one computer only for now. Check the following two links:
    #1. http://rainforest1155.smugmug.com/gallery/2136851_rpYt2#110682197_n3RTD

#2. http://rainforest1155.smugmug.com/gallery/2136851_rpYt2/1/110682197_n3RTD/Large

If the photo in #2 shows, but you can't see the photo in #1, it might be that you have any kind of anti-virus, firewall, ad-blocking or internet security software that is blocking our javascript. Try to temporarily disable any such software and see if that allows you to view the photo in link #1.

In this case, you would need to add *.smugmug.com to your security software's list of trusted pages. If you don't know on how to do that, please let us know what software you are using. Also check the tray area next to the clock in your taskbar for any running programs and list them all to us.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2009
    Sebastian,

I can view both those links absolutely fine. I'll be surprised if it's a virus/software setting as it's happening at both work and at home. It's always worked in the past and I've not changed anything on the site ( Javascript ) for well over a year ??

Anybody else got any ideas ? Really baffling me !

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2009
    Mog wrote:
    Sebastian,

I can view both those links absolutely fine. I'll be surprised if it's a virus/software setting as it's happening at both work and at home. It's always worked in the past and I've not changed anything on the site ( Javascript ) for well over a year ??
    Hi Mog,

Could you try it with two different browsers on the same machine? IE and Firefox on Windows and Safari / Firefox on Mac.
    Which browser versions are you use exactly?
    What other software do you have installed running in the background on the Windows machine?
    Did you try clearing your browser cache and SmugMug cookies and see if you still had the problem?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2009
    Sebastian,

I've just tried it on my office PC ( Windows XP ) Firefox 3.0.1, IE7 and Google Chrome all fail, I click on the links and nothing happens, no pulldown options, nothing !! This is also exactly the same on my Vista machine at home...! Makes me think that's it's not a machine problem but more a problem with my site ??

This only appears to be happening in my galleries, menus on the homepage work fine.

EG:

These menus on the homepage work fine:

479310767_DtmhZ-O.jpg

These menus in all my galleries do not work:

479310779_wkSxX-O.jpg
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Mog wrote:
    Sebastian,

I've just tried it on my office PC ( Windows XP ) Firefox 3.0.1, IE7 and Google Chrome all fail, I click on the links and nothing happens, no pulldown options, nothing !! This is also exactly the same on my Vista machine at home...! Makes me think that's it's not a machine problem but more a problem with my site ??

This only appears to be happening in my galleries, menus on the homepage work fine.

EG:

These menus on the homepage work fine:

These menus in all my galleries do not work:
    I think your javascript is causing this problem. In this code in your top javascript, change the word "breadcrumb" to "breadCrumbTrail":
    function ModifyText () {
       var objElement = document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]breadCrumbTrail[/COLOR]")
       if (objElement != null) {
          var str = new String(objElement.innerHTML);
          str = str.replace('>Simon<', '>Home<')
          objElement.innerHTML = str;
       }
    }

--John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2009
    John,

Very strange, I checked this morning and it was working, I've just checked again and it's not !!

I'll try what you've suggested and let you know..

Thanks for your help.....

* edit to say, this Javascript fix appears to have solved the problem, although very strange how it has worked for the last 12mths though.

Many thanks...
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    Mog wrote:
    John,

Very strange, I checked this morning and it was working, I've just checked again and it's not !!

I'll try what you've suggested and let you know..

Thanks for your help.....

* edit to say, this Javascript fix appears to have solved the problem, although very strange how it has worked for the last 12mths though.

Many thanks...
    There very well could have been changes in the site that caused it to stop working recently. I know that the site advanced to a new version of the YUI library recently and these buttons are all YUI buttons so perhaps something in that new version made the buttons vulnerable to what you were doing. In any case, the new code is the better way to do what you were doing anyway because it focuses your change only on the breadcrumb that you are trying to change so it won't have any chance at affecting the buttons.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    canderson1229canderson1229 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Cannot get, add photo, tools etc to show
    This is the closest thread I could find on my particular problem. I'm logged in, can see the area to customize gallery and all galleries even unlisted galleries. But when I click on the gallery to change these options aren't available. This happens from time to time and its become frustrating. Can anyone help?
    Thanks so much
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    This is the closest thread I could find on my particular problem. I'm logged in, can see the area to customize gallery and all galleries even unlisted galleries. But when I click on the gallery to change these options aren't available. This happens from time to time and its become frustrating. Can anyone help?
    Thanks so much
    Hi Connie,

Are you properly logged in on your domain? You have to go to www.smugmug.com or to your caphotography.smugmug.com and login from there. Then, you can go to your domain, let the page load and then refresh the page in your browser. Only then, you would get logged in on your domain, too.

If that doesn't seem to help, you have to check your browser cookie settings. Go here. Make sure that your browser accepts all cookies, including third party cookies.

If you keep having problems, let us know which browser you're using.

At all times, you should be able to make changes to your galleries using your nickname address (http://caphotography.smugmug.com).

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    Yes, I do always log in through smugmug. I'm using Firefox, but explorer has the same issue, so I don't think its the browser. I checked the cookies, SM is there.

I can see all of the galleries as if I'm logged in, unlisted and otherwise but when I choose one of those galleries to edit, arrange or delete it there are no options.

Update: There is only one gallery I can see tools in and that is my slideshow, all other galleries I'm unable to edit.

Please Help
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2009
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Is anyone out there?
    Add .notLoggedIn in front of all these and see it it helps.

.notLoggedIn .gallery_4522478 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4526196 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4445808 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4503603 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4516683 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4516266 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4516443 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4516660 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_4503350 #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .notLoggedIn .gallery_galleries #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog