Options

Homepage slideshow not showing on some computers

amyparsonsamyparsons Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited February 28, 2009 in SmugMug Support
My homepage slideshow is showing up on some computers and not on others. It was fine until yesterday and the only thing I did to my site yesterday was add a new gallery. Not sure what caused an error.

Can someone please see if there is a code that needs to be adjusted so that my homepage slideshow is visable on all computers.

Thanks
Amy

www.amyparsons.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2009
    It looks fine to me. What are these other computers? At work? Do you block flash or SmugMug? Are you sure those computers have flash installed...

More details will help :D
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    My sister is the first one who told me that she couldn't see it on her computer... although she could see it just fine before yesterday. I asked around to find out if others could see it and got a mixed reply of yes and no.

Maybe my sister reset her computer or something and needs to reinstall flash? This makes me a little concerned about how many people cannot see the slideshow.
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    amyparsons wrote:
    This makes me a little concerned about how many people cannot see the slideshow.
    Flash is on 99% of computers :)
    http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2009
    What could be other reasons for some computers not being able to view the slideshow?
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2009
    amyparsons wrote:
    What could be other reasons for some computers not being able to view the slideshow?
    Firewalls, addons, incompatible browser, flash-blocking programs.

Get as much detail as possible and we'll be able to help, thanks!