Options

Energizer E2 Lithium AA Batteries

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited May 19, 2005 in Accessories
the guy at my camera store, kenmar camera, told me to try out these very expensive AA batteries. first, he had me feel them, they are really really light, so it's not a burden to be carrying some extras around. after using one package of 4 AA's in my 420ex flash, i was sold on it. the refresh time after a flash is awesome and the battery life is outstanding, both far better than the good cta rechargables i use. typically, if i go to shoot a local concert, fashion show, or any other event that requires flash i'll use no more than one 4-pack. i use whatevers left on the last set of batteries then throw in the fresh set. it's really worth the money, considering i don't spend any other money for each time i take pictures.

here's the interesting part:
amazon and most other sites sell the 4-pack for at least $10 and the 8-pack for $19, plus shipping. and i've also looked on bulk battery sites, and the prices were no better. if someone finds better prices please tell me. surprisingly, the best prices i've found are at my local cvs: $8.99 for a 4-pack. someone please explain that to me. anyway, i've gone twice now and bought out all of there aa lithums both times, which is about 15 packs of batteries. i wonder if this is just my local cvs's price or if it's their like national price.

-barry

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2005
    I get all my batteries on *bay now. I have 2300mAh that the store wanted $19.95 for 4, and on the auction site I got 16 and a charger for that price.
  • Options
    MakiMaki Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    the guy at my camera store, kenmar camera, told me to try out these very expensive AA batteries. first, he had me feel them, they are really really light, so it's not a burden to be carrying some extras around. after using one package of 4 AA's in my 420ex flash, i was sold on it. the refresh time after a flash is awesome and the battery life is outstanding, both far better than the good cta rechargables i use. typically, if i go to shoot a local concert, fashion show, or any other event that requires flash i'll use no more than one 4-pack. i use whatevers left on the last set of batteries then throw in the fresh set. it's really worth the money, considering i don't spend any other money for each time i take pictures.

here's the interesting part:
    amazon and most other sites sell the 4-pack for at least $10 and the 8-pack for $19, plus shipping. and i've also looked on bulk battery sites, and the prices were no better. if someone finds better prices please tell me. surprisingly, the best prices i've found are at my local cvs: $8.99 for a 4-pack. someone please explain that to me. anyway, i've gone twice now and bought out all of there aa lithums both times, which is about 15 packs of batteries. i wonder if this is just my local cvs's price or if it's their like national price.

-barry
    They're expensive all right. But they're nice batteries. I used to use them all the time with my P&S with awesome results. Now, with a DSLR, I only occasionally use it (on my flash). The speedlight eats through these with little regard to their price, so I now use high capacity NiMh batteries. I keep 5 sets of these. I do still use them on occasion when I'm caught with drained batteries and I'm in need of reliable power.
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I get all my batteries on *bay now. I have 2300mAh that the store wanted $19.95 for 4, and on the auction site I got 16 and a charger for that price.

I have 30 Engergizer 2300mAh AAs. I bought them at Sam's Club about a year ago for about $2/battery. I am still impressed with the performance of these batteries. Now they are selling 2500mAh for the same price. I can only think they will be better. $20 for 8 & once 4 batt charger, or $16/8 batteries.
  • Options
    Jekyll & HydeJekyll & Hyde Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2005
    J: Our local W-Mart has the 1.5v Lithium 8 packs for $16. (Just don't accidentally get the AA 3.6 volt!!!).

H: I've been using them in devices that I don't use often (so that they won't corrode over time like Alkalines). And their shelf life is incredibly long. Almost all of my flashlights are now stocked with lithiums.

J: I also use them in devices that sit out in the cold. They don't freeze like the other batteries.

H: However, I use the high capacity NiMH rechargeables in my flash. They are so cheap, and so cheap to use. I get hundreds of flashes from a set (I also keep a spare set handy).
    J&H
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2005
    Maki wrote:
    The speedlight eats through these with little regard to their price, so I now use high capacity NiMh batteries.
    i dunno, i find that the lithiums out perform my NiMh batteries in recycle time and in battery life.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    i dunno, i find that the lithiums out perform my NiMh batteries in recycle time and in battery life.

I did not test my 2300's against Lithiums, but they beat new Duracell alkaline fresh out of the box, even after use they were still faster, the 2500s are probably even faster, not sure the difference compared to Lithium. I was amazed the NiMh were that fast.
  • Options
    tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    When I was using my Fuji S5100, I always used the lithiums before I bought some 2500 energizer rechargables. The lithiums still outlasted the rechargeables, but not by much. I always kept the lithiums for backup, since they have a longer shelf life than the rechargables.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    I did not test my 2300's against Lithiums, but they beat new Duracell alkaline fresh out of the box, even after use they were still faster, the 2500s are probably even faster, not sure the difference compared to Lithium. I was amazed the NiMh were that fast.
    there's no doubt in my mind that NiMh are superior to alkaline. i was stating that through my experience, the lithiums perform even better than the NiMh.
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2005
    Sam's Club has 12 Engergizer AA Li for $19.47. The blue packages, right? I think they say E2?
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    Sam's Club has 12 Engergizer AA Li for $19.47. The blue packages, right? I think they say E2?
    e2 lithium, not titanium, those suck. if that's the right one then that's a great deal.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    e2 lithium, not titanium, those suck. if that's the right one then that's a great deal.

They are Lithium.