Options

Question on Lighting

PerflectionsPerflections Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited March 4, 2009 in Technique
Hi,

I have a question on a lighting effect I would like to try and REALLY want to know how to do it. These are not my images, they are just something I found on the web and could not figure out how to describe it. The photographer's name is unknown to me, but I want to know how to do this effect for a maternity shoot I am doing on Sunday.

http://perflections.smugmug.com/photos/485271648_R5CK5-L.jpg

http://perflections.smugmug.com/photos/485271647_bSeRN-L.jpg
~Jess Cleveland~
Perflections Photography
www.perflectionsphotography.com
Canon 40D
Canon EOS XTi

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited March 4, 2009
    Jess,

Dgrin has a general rule disallowing one to post someone's else's image without their strictly given permission. I have edited your post to include links to the images you are interested in, rather than the images themselves.

I think these images demonstrate the use of a nicely gobo'd light source just grazing the surface of the skin, to create these nice areas of tone in a sea of darkness.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Take a look here Post #5
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    PerflectionsPerflections Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Jess,

Dgrin has a general rule disallowing one to post someone's else's image without their strictly given permission. I have edited your post to include links to the images you are interested in, rather than the images themselves.

I think these images demonstrate the use of a nicely gobo'd light source just grazing the surface of the skin, to create these nice areas of tone in a sea of darkness.

OH! Thank you for the change :) I am sorry! And thanks for the advise.
    ~Jess Cleveland~
    Perflections Photography
    www.perflectionsphotography.com
    Canon 40D
    Canon EOS XTi