Options

Tip: Exif viewer add-on

jaxjax Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited March 3, 2009 in Finishing School
Not sure if this was ever mentioned here before (probably was) but here's a nice tip for anyone using Firefox as their preferred browser.
There's a add-on called 'Exif-viewer' that enables you to view all available exif info from pics in your browser just by right-clicking on an image.
Save you a lot of the hassle.

You can find it here

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 3, 2009
    jax wrote:
    Not sure if this was ever mentioned here before (probably was) but here's a nice tip for anyone using Firefox as their preferred browser.
    There's a add-on called 'Exif-viewer' that enables you to view all available exif info from pics in your browser just by right-clicking on an image.

You can find it here

Yes, was mentioned here some time ago. I installed it and use it from time to time, but unfortunately it doesn't work well for images hosted on SmugMug, which has its own method of displaying EXIF data. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Yes, was mentioned here some time ago. I installed it and use it from time to time, but unfortunately it doesn't work well for images hosted on SmugMug, which has its own method of displaying EXIF data. ne_nau.gif

That's my pet peeve with SM, all sizes except the original have all exif and IPTC data stripped.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 3, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    That's my pet peeve with SM, all sizes except the original have all exif and IPTC data stripped.

Personally, I like the way SmugMug does it. It lets me control whether people get to see EXIF data or not. Why is that a problem for you? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Personally, I like the way SmugMug does it. It lets me control whether people get to see EXIF data or not. Why is that a problem for you? headscratch.gif

Because I put copyright fields in there too, those are the problem really.
    I do have most of my galleries set to hide the exif, but it would be nice to have the copyrights on there.

As for the topic, I've used Exif viewer for quite a while, it works fairly well. I think it shows too detailed data, but then Fxif which I used before showed too little :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    jax wrote:

You can find it here

I have tried to install the plugin on Firefox but can't. I keep getting a dialogue saying ' Firefox could not install the file at

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/latest/3905

because: Unexpected installation error
    Review the Error Console log for more details.
    -203'
    It sounds quite good to me as I usually check the Exif on Photoshop but your way would be extremely handy any idea how I can overcome this error problem.
    Regards
    Bob