Options

Clients need file names. Where are they?

MichaelBrownMichaelBrown Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited March 8, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Hi gang,

I just signed up not long ago, and already I have 2 clients selecting images, 1 for a corporate design, and 1 for artwork in a hotel.
I have not had a chance to kick the tires that much here at SM, ... so I am at a loss on where to turn the file names on within the galleries.

Help! :D

I am pretty sure I can turn the filenames on somewhere, ... just can't find where to do it at.

Here is the gallery I would like to get the filenames to show up.
Makes it much easier for the clients and future clients to show me exactly which images they are talking about.

http://macroartinnature.smugmug.com/gallery/7470164_RY6rv#484478383_syf4N

And remember, ... I'm just getting started here, and have yet to set things up like I would like them to be.
Just bare with me!

Thanks everyone,
Michael

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited March 6, 2009
    Hi ... so I am at a loss on where to turn the file names on within the galleries.
    You can set filenames to yes in the Look & Feel section of the customize gallery screen - http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage.

If you set file names to yes and if there is no caption on the photo, the file name will show as the caption.

Otherwise, the file name will show if the viewer requests camera info on the photo (if you have camera info set to yes on the customize gallery screen.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2009
    Excellent!
    Thanks Denise.
    Appreciate it!

Michael
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Michael,

You can also expose the filenames permantently in a separate line. #43 of our customization faq tells you how.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2009
    Thanks Rainforest!
    That's more of what I was looking for.
    Much much easier and better for the client on their end!

Thanks again,
    Michael