Options

The Moon, Date is on it, ginger, that is the size on the "negative". Full frame.

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 16, 2005 in Holy Macro
22102224-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    Very cool!
    ginger_55 wrote:
    22102224-L.jpg
    Fill the negative space with pertinent words.. Very clever!!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    Thanks, Nikolai. It was that, or enlarge the moon, which I should have done for sharing and all. I have seen it, it is sharp.

I like to think of the moon as useful for notecards, which I don't have and wouldn't use if I did. Now a postcard, I had not thought of that, but that would be a good use.

thanks for stopping by. now I have to wait for the next crescent moon. I want to get a star/planet in its embrace. A personal goal here, so moon shots are kind of a nightly thing as I think of it and weather permitting.

As a piece of info, the night before I was home and used my monopod. Much travail, sweating, etc.

Yesterday, I had forgotten the monopod, it was handheld, as the moon can be, and all was much better. I think the settings were something like f11, I know that, ISO 1600, don't tell anyone that, no excuse except how difficult it is to remember to check everything every time subjects are changed. Or maybe I did change it back to 1600 in anticipation of a final raptor shot? And the camera is on daylight, that is what the moon is, and 1/200 th. I play with the settings until the moon looks "right". easier than getting charts. lens 300 with 1.4 extender. full frame.

g:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Way to go Ginger, beautiful capture of Luna!
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    VERY NICE OF YOU TO MOON EVERYONE GINGER :Dthumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/