Options

Problem - SmugMug domain works, mine doesn't.

BuckableBuckable Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 12, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I've been having trouble all day reaching my smugmug site by my own domain name. If I type in www.danknopp.com it takes a long time for it to come up, if at all. But if I type in www.danknopp.smugmug.com it loads right away.
Any clues?

Comments

• Options
    EverythingEverywhereEverythingEverywhere Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    It works fine for me and I'm in Egypt. I would have to assume it has something to do with whatever DNS server you are using.

To test it, try putting in the IP addresses for OpenDNS: https://www.opendns.com/start/

You could also try looking at your site via a proxy and see if you still have the problem.
    2014 Travel Photographer of the Year, Society of American Travel Writers
    2013 & 2015 Travel Photographer of the Year, North American Travel Journalists Association

Facebook | Travel Blog | Travel Photography | Instagram | Google+
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Cname loaded instantly for me - and I'm on sloooow evdo at the moment.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Buckable wrote:
    I've been having trouble all day reaching my smugmug site by my own domain name. If I type in www.danknopp.com it takes a long time for it to come up, if at all. But if I type in www.danknopp.smugmug.com it loads right away.
    Any clues?

Both are working instantly for me in California.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    Good in Pakistan too mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 12, 2009
    2 seconds to load from Virginia. Is it still happening?
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    tjmannostjmannos Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2009
    I have the opposite problem. Your dankoop.com address comes right up, but dankoop.smugmug.com doesn't respond at all. In fact I haven't been able to get to my own site all week.

Wait, wait, it just came up finally. And it's fast now. Well what do you know? It stopped working last Thursday night, and here it is the next Thursday night. Must've just been one of those 168-hour bugs.
    Buckable wrote:
    Any clues?
  • Options
    tjmannostjmannos Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2009
    ...And back down again. Drat! Thought I'd get a chance to upload some photos tonight. :cry
    tjmannos wrote:
    I have the opposite problem. Your dankoop.com address comes right up, but dankoop.smugmug.com doesn't respond at all. In fact I haven't been able to get to my own site all week.

Wait, wait, it just came up finally. And it's fast now. Well what do you know? It stopped working last Thursday night, and here it is the next Thursday night. Must've just been one of those 168-hour bugs.