Options

Dell 2707WFP

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited March 22, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Got my brand spanking new Dell 2707WFP 27" widescreen LCD monitor...
Some difference after 20" I had for 4 years, I tell ya...
My first (CRT) TV set was smaller...:-)
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    hiroProtagonisthiroProtagonist Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Got my brand spanking new Dell 2707WFP 27" widescreen LCD monitor...
    Some difference after 20" I had for 4 years, I tell ya...
    My first (CRT) TV set was smaller...:-)

congrats on the monitor, thats a nice step up in size.

I've been considering a 26-27" display but I'm concerned that the .303 dot pitch may not be the best compared with the .27 dot pitch of the 24" monitors. I assume you are using the monitor for photo editing; how sharp would you say the display is (I know this is subjective, but I'd be interested in your experience). Have you color calibrated the monitor?
    "But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    congrats on the monitor, thats a nice step up in size.

I've been considering a 26-27" display but I'm concerned that the .303 dot pitch may not be the best compared with the .27 dot pitch of the 24" monitors. I assume you are using the monitor for photo editing; how sharp would you say the display is (I know this is subjective, but I'd be interested in your experience). Have you color calibrated the monitor?
    It runs at a native 1920x1200. From my experience the biggest issues with monitors are usually related to text, not to graphics, and this one, as many Dell monitors before, handles that task nicely. I admit, I always run a Cleartype Tuner aplet with every new monitor.
    Calibration-wise I'm using Pantone Huey, whcih did a nice job on my previous monitor and seems to be doing just fine on this one.
    Thus far I had it for less than 24 hours so it's hard to provide reliable statistics, but in general I like it. The primary applications I use (Adobe Bridge/PS, Borland Delphi, MS VS2008, etc.) all appreciate the extra screen real estate, so I'm a happy camper at least for now.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    filmphotofilmphoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    I've been a 27 inch user for a long time and recently upgraded to dual screen.

With prices of those large monitors falling to really low levels - they are a must buy.

It's not just the extra real estate of itself that makes so many things easier (including your mail, your browsing and everything else).

But it's also being able to see you image much larger - or more of it - say goodbye to lots of magnify and pan.