Sequence shot Stitched

illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited March 15, 2009 in Sports
Right here.
~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.

Comments

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    stitched w/what app? PS? Autostitch? Layers?
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    Photoshop CS

• B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    Right here.

WOW, nice sequence, nice ollie too, how do you do that on photoshop CS? by the way, can I ask you how do you get that color and that contrast in those type of pictures? what filters and accesories do you use? thanks, I love that kind of photography.
    I love skateboarding iloveyou.gif

Byron M.
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    B:// wrote:
    WOW, nice sequence, nice ollie too, how do you do that on photoshop CS? by the way, can I ask you how do you get that color and that contrast in those type of pictures? what filters and accesories do you use? thanks, I love that kind of photography.
    I love skateboarding iloveyou.gif

Byron M.

Well I didnt use any type of filters or anything like that, just used the 2 oclock sun which sorta sucks but it came out alright. As far as stitching the photos togehter, you obviously shoot 8 or so continuous shots and the first one you leave alone. Then from all the other photos you just cut out the skater and match him on the first photo as good as possible, use the photo he was on before as reference. Use a tripod because it sucks when you move your hand, makes it difficult to match it with the original photo because then things come out unproportional and not in the right spot.

Maybe I should make a tutorial ? headscratch.gif

Marko Knezevic

• mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    Well I didnt use any type of filters or anything like that, just used the 2 oclock sun which sorta sucks but it came out alright. As far as stitching the photos togehter, you obviously shoot 8 or so continuous shots and the first one you leave alone. Then from all the other photos you just cut out the skater and match him on the first photo as good as possible, use the photo he was on before as reference. Use a tripod because it sucks when you move your hand, makes it difficult to match it with the original photo because then things come out unproportional and not in the right spot.

Marko Knezevic

Nice work mate, nice and clear and lots of movement, Ive done the same with wakeboarding (lots of messing as no tripod on a boat) and also for rock climbing which works quite well too.
    May I take your picture?
  • FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    This is very nice, I had a friend try to explain to me how to do this. I hope to give it a try sometime soon. I hope mine comes out as nice as yours.
    Frank
    (Pbase supporter) www.pbase.com/eng45ine
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited September 9, 2006
    Pretty cool assembledge there!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006

Marko Knezevic

Yes yes yes, you should do it :D
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • WCWWCW Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Nice sequence shot.
  • justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    YOU did a great job here!clap.gif
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Wow, I would love to do this with basketball!

Great Job!
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Great work! I have two different series of backflips from FMX riders and tried many...many...many times to do this. Maybe didnt work due to no tripod, just never looked right when I was done.

..mind you, patience has never been my strong point!!ne_nau.gif
    ...more to come!
  • Pete405Pete405 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    I have been wondering what this is called... So this is "stitching" ?? is there a tutorial online on how to do this in photoshop or is there an easier program out there that can do this??? I am really wanting to do a few of these
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009

Marko Knezevic
    Please yes with the tutorial -- there could be many fabulous adaptations of your technique for lots of sports shots. Seriously, bring it, please!!!
  • Pete405Pete405 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    +! on the tutorial...I would love to learn how to do this.... And the only way I can figure out Photoshop is if I have a step by step.