Options

Girls Lax

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited March 20, 2009 in Sports
The Milton High School Girl's lacrosse team has won the Georgia State championship four consecutive years. Last year they knocked cross-town rivals, Northview High School, out of the championship tournament in the quarterfinal round.

They met Tuesday night for the first time this season with Northview making up for last year's tournament loss by prevailing over the Eagles 16 - 15.

494522800_SrgWv-L.jpg

494521848_Huu9S-L.jpg

494522091_M8MH3-L.jpg

494522490_oSik4-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• Options
    oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Kent , Nice series
    #1 Rocks
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • Options
    BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Great shots Kent...sounds like it was a great game to watch...sorry about your loss...
    Don't feel too bad , my daughter's Pope Greyhounds made their first ever trip to the Georgia state playoffs last year...lost in the first round to Columbus.
    Pope lost 10 seniors from last years team and stand at a disappointing 2-6 this year. :cry :cry

Are you planning on shooting the Presbyterian College vs Harvard game at Walton on the 27th? GO HOSE!!!
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Amazing pictures clap.gif !! I have a question, I am noticing a large amount of "Turf" from the northern areas even Georgia. Is there large amount of Turf where you folks shoot?? 98% of what I shoot is grass.. Just wondering..

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    Amazing pictures clap.gif !! I have a question, I am noticing a large amount of "Turf" from the northern areas even Georgia. Is there large amount of Turf where you folks shoot?? 98% of what I shoot is grass.. Just wondering..
    Thanks,
    Here in metro-Atlanta, at least Fulton County, there is an active program to put in Field Turf at all of the high school stadiums. For the most part, that is complete.

I can only think of one high school field in the area that is not artificial turf. Some of the schools have earlier types of artificial turf. Field Turf is an excellent playing surface.

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    oldtime wrote:
    Kent , Nice series
    #1 Rocks

I agree! I was just thinking there wasn't enough lacrosse on the board and was going to stick some up just to take up space...

I have a question though. I see it's sunny and then maybe cloudy, like a typical spring day. Do you actually change the white balance setting when the sun goes in and out of the clouds? or just leave it at one thing? or... maybe you're all RAW and it doesn't matter?
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    I have a question though. I see it's sunny and then maybe cloudy, like a typical spring day. Do you actually change the white balance setting when the sun goes in and out of the clouds? or just leave it at one thing? or... maybe you're all RAW and it doesn't matter?
    This game was played at 6:00 p.m. - low, bright sun changing to deep shadows and then into dusk.

I shot these set on Auto White Balance. I'm in the process of switching over to Lightroom 2.3 (from Photoshop Elements 6.0) as my processing software.

The differences that you're seeing in these shots are the result of my not quite being where I want to be in using the software. :uhoh

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    This game was played at 6:00 p.m. - low, bright sun changing to deep shadows and then into dusk.

I shot these set on Auto White Balance. I'm in the process of switching over to Lightroom 2.3 (from Photoshop Elements 6.0) as my processing software.

The differences that you're seeing in these shots are the result of my not quite being where I want to be in using the software. :uhoh

Actually I was admiring how nicely the skin matches despite the varying light. looks good to me!
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    #9 in image #1 is all "bidness"! Intensity....scary! :D
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    Actually I was admiring how nicely the skin matches despite the varying light. looks good to me!
    Thanks. I never feel real good about how I tweak white balance. Maybe I got lucky this time. headscratch.gif

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    #9 in image #1 is all "bidness"! Intensity....scary! :D

I hear she's a very good baby-sitter. :D

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Great as always. Really like the angle and execution of the goalie shot.

HS season finally started here this week for some schools. Hope to get out soon--just need the rain and cold weather to stop.
    Regards

Will