Options

Anya: high key (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited March 20, 2009 in Go Figure
Well, as you already know, last Sunday Feb 15th I had a chance to work with lovely Anya:

#1: Even though Valantine day was already over, we started with a some spoof on that theme: implied:

477820992_Qj44f-XL.jpg

#2: ... topless:

477824673_uDRA4-XL.jpg

#3: ... wearing heels only:

477824651_tZQWC-XL.jpg

#4: Then we added some gloves:

477821060_HMcDs-XL.jpg

#5: And put the boa into a more prominent position:

477821011_NssMz-XL.jpg

#6: Then we switched to the floor:

477887795_KuqZ5-L.jpg

#7: And took a few shots in this setting:

477887813_qsXN2-L.jpg

#8: Finally we gave a shot of a recreating some classic painting. My friends who are well versed in history of Russian fine arts *may* recognize the pose originally caputred by Valentine Serov. I'm not saying we did the painting a true justice, but as initial iteration it's OK. I need to elaborate on setup/props more...

477887867_9SuNC-L.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    I like the low-key set much more. Her legs are a bit distracting as well...skin tone....blemishes.
  • Options
    FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    I like the low-key set much more. Her legs are a bit distracting as well...skin tone....blemishes.

I agree, her legs are a bit distracting. Looks like she was cold, I know some people get that look when they are cold.
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Thank you, appreciate your time!
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Agree with other posters about the legs, but #6 is superb....her best expression, and her skin looks lovely! thumb.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2009
    Thanks, ladies! thumb.gif
    Legs - most likely simply not enough light, as you can see the problem only shows on athe darker images. My mistake. Full height HK is tricky, I'm still learning the fine details... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Lovely, the pale pink tones of some of the props are sexy and pretty at the same time , flattering her skin tones and beautiful with the high key look.

The "pageant mother" in me feels the heels , white leather and wood platform & heel, are a distraction. My oldest competed on the Miss America stage and in that scenario the feet should not draw too much attention as to keep the eye from straying too far from the face and body. To me the heels don't match up with the rest of the story and I am distracted by them. A sexier shoe would have been expected, but I also don't think it was your intention to use the shoes as a unexpected element. The rest of the picture would lead me to expect a sexy shoe, a very sexy shoe.mwink.gif

The gold shoes work better in the poses with the gold fabric. Can you see the difference?

But that is not a photographer's observation, but it may come in handy.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Lovely, the pale pink tones of some of the props are sexy and pretty at the same time , flattering her skin tones and beautiful with the high key look.

The "pageant mother" in me feels the heels , white leather and wood platform & heel, are a distraction. My oldest competed on the Miss America stage and in that scenario the feet should not draw too much attention as to keep the eye from straying too far from the face and body. To me the heels don't match up with the rest of the story and I am distracted by them. A sexier shoe would have been expected, but I also don't think it was your intention to use the shoes as a unexpected element. The rest of the picture would lead me to expect a sexy shoe, a very sexy shoe.mwink.gif

The gold shoes work better in the poses with the gold fabric. Can you see the difference?

But that is not a photographer's observation, but it may come in handy.

Thank you for the "shoe observation", I agree. We worked with what we had... I'm ususally trying to make a call, but in this case the choice was very limited. At least I got the gold ones right:-)
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    As usual, beautiful works, Nikolai, Im stunned with no.5 especially ...
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    Vanquiz wrote:
    As usual, beautiful works, Nikolai, Im stunned with no.5 especially ...
    Thank you, appreciate it! thumb.gif