Options

HP945 Question (Cleaning and Lens Filter)

BuzzezBuzzez Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited May 17, 2005 in Accessories
Hi all, I have an HP945 Photosmart camera. I recently was taking pictures in a dusty environment. Now, I have fine dust on my inner lens. My question is: Does the collective wisdom here think that I could take this camera apart, clean it out and reassemble it without screwing it all up or should I send it in to be serviced? Anyone else take their camera apart and re-assemble it successfully? It looks like all I need to do is back a few screws out in order to get to the inards.

I'm also wondering where I might be able to find a lens filter that will fit on this camera.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited May 17, 2005
    Buzzez wrote:
    Hi all, I have an HP945 Photosmart camera. I recently was taking pictures in a dusty environment. Now, I have fine dust on my inner lens. My question is: Does the collective wisdom here think that I could take this camera apart, clean it out and reassemble it without screwing it all up or should I send it in to be serviced? Anyone else take their camera apart and re-assemble it successfully? It looks like all I need to do is back a few screws out in order to get to the inards.

I'm also wondering where I might be able to find a lens filter that will fit on this camera.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated
    Well, a quick search through the archives will find configspace decided to
    something similar only his cam was already dead.

How much to have it cleaned? If it's more than the camera is worth and
    you don't mind if the camera doesn't work when you put it back together,
    go for it. Otherwise, send it in.

The later is the safe bet.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?