Options

Suggested sites for April trip to Bryce Canyon

ejg1890ejg1890 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
I am planning a trip to Bryce Canyon in early April. What are suggested sites or hikes that offer good photo opportunities? We walk a lot when visiting locations so 3-5 mile hikes are not an issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Hi and welcome to Dgrin!

You've certainly come to the right place for shooting help, especially for a place as spectacular as Bryce Canyon. thumb.gif

I'm just moving your post to our Locations forum where people will know to offer advice on where to go. When you get back, we hope that you'll post your results in our Shots forums. :D
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    In 2006, the DGrin shootout was at Bryce in May.

You will find some info in the threads in this sticky

Here are my shots from that trip.

Bryce isn't that big, IIRC.

ann
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    In 2006, the DGrin shootout was at Bryce in May.

You will find some info in the threads in this sticky

Here are my shots from that trip.

Bryce isn't that big, IIRC.

ann

Ann

Thanks for the message. I have a 24-70mm 2.8 that should be good. I also have a 11-16mm 2.8 and 70-200mm 2.8 - would either or both of these be good as well?

Thanks
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    If you have at least a couple days at the park I'd recommend driving to all the 13 viewpoints (18 miles one way) from Rainbow Point. Go for sunrise shots at Bryce Point and Sunset Point, then hike one of the many trails in the amphitheater.

You can use all the lenses you mentioned, but I suspect you'd use the 24-70 and 70-200 lenses the most. Your 70-200 will come in handy when you need to catch the details and wildlife subjects at the distance.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    If you have at least a couple days at the park I'd recommend driving to all the 13 viewpoints (18 miles one way) from Rainbow Point. Go for sunrise shots at Bryce Point and Sunset Point, then hike one of the many trails in the amphitheater.

You can use all the lenses you mentioned, but I suspect you'd use the 24-70 and 70-200 lenses the most. Your 70-200 will come in handy when you need to catch the details and wildlife subjects at the distance.

Cuong

Thanks

With the size of the rock formations I thought the 11-16mm would be good and the 70-200 for any wildlife or focused shots of some of the formations.

I also want to do several hikes into the canyon/amphitheatre.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Don't miss Mossy Cave, maybe snow & ice will still be there :D

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=83335
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    You may also find water flowing on the waterfall which I think was near Mossy Cave

294941712_tXqLn-M.jpg