Separate links in banner, nav bar behind slideshow

HeartofGoldfishHeartofGoldfish Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited March 23, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I'm wanting to make individual parts of my banner clickable. Such as, where it says "kids" I would like it to go to a kids portfolio, with "engagements" go to engagements, etc. This would allow me to eliminate the nav bar.

If this is not possible, I'm sure I could just have a small photo replace the headings on my drop-down nav bar.

One issue with my nav bar. When it drops down, it goes behind my slideshow, preventing people from accessing certain parts of the site. Fixable?

Thanks!

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    I'm wanting to make individual parts of my banner clickable. Such as, where it says "kids" I would like it to go to a kids portfolio, with "engagements" go to engagements, etc. This would allow me to eliminate the nav bar.

If this is not possible, I'm sure I could just have a small photo replace the headings on my drop-down nav bar.

One issue with my nav bar. When it drops down, it goes behind my slideshow, preventing people from accessing certain parts of the site. Fixable?

Thanks!
    What you want to use to make specific parts of your banner clickable is an image map. Do a Google search for "html image map" and read how they work.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009

Thanks!
    Not having a link to your site only guessing. Add the z-index to this CSS rule.

.menu {
    z-index: 99;
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • HeartofGoldfishHeartofGoldfish Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2009
    sorry about that, here's the link

www.heartofgoldfish.com
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    sorry about that, here's the link

www.heartofgoldfish.com
    Did you see my reply above about an image map?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • HeartofGoldfishHeartofGoldfish Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2009
    yes i did, I think I will try that. It is going to take some figuring out, but I think I can get it.