Options

For D70 users

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited May 18, 2005 in Technique
Hey fellow Nikonians

If you're new to digital SLRs and the D70 as I am you may enjoying knowing I came across a really cool training DVD at Samy's Camera. Best $19.95 spent on this camera so far.

The DVD is produced by Blue Crane Digital, titled;
"Intoduction to the Nikon D70 Digital SLR - A training video for new to intermediate camera users."

I've learned more about my camera from this DVD than all the other books and manuals combined. :lust

(ps: a co-worker just told me there's a version for the Canonites as well)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Seymore wrote:
    coolio, thanks for adding the link
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Thanks for the heads-up, Angelo. thumb.gif I'm going to call around and see if that is available...

AJ
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Thanks for the info, Angelo. Is there much information about the different flash modes? This is the most perplexing part of the camera to me.

mitch
  • Options
    MerleMerle Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Hey fellow Nikonians

If you're new to digital SLRs and the D70 as I am you may enjoying knowing I came across a really cool training DVD at Samy's Camera. Best $19.95 spent on this camera so far.

The DVD is produced by Blue Crane Digital, titled;
    "Intoduction to the Nikon D70 Digital SLR - A training video for new to intermediate camera users."

I've learned more about my camera from this DVD than all the other books and manuals combined. iloveyou.gif

(ps: a co-worker just told me there's a version for the Canonites as well)

Thanks Angelo
    Just ordered mine. $17.99
    Thanks for all Responses and comments. They are truly appreciated.

Merle Jones
    Fresno, CA
    http://www.merlejones.net
    Nikon D70, Sony 717, Sony P-200
  • Options
    LivingFictionLivingFiction Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2005
    Training DVDs can be great. It's nice to have the visual reference. But if you want to know your camera like nobody's business, Thom Hogan's books are as good as it gets for my money.

Check out Thom's site here

I have his D70 and D2h book, and I'll be picking up his D2x book as soon as he makes it available. He also includes other goodies, I use his photoshop actions daily.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Training DVDs can be great. It's nice to have the visual reference. But if you want to know your camera like nobody's business, Thom Hogan's books are as good as it gets for my money.

Check out Thom's site here

I have his D70 and D2h book, and I'll be picking up his D2x book as soon as he makes it available. He also includes other goodies, I use his photoshop actions daily.
    Hogan's book on the d70 is great and I already have it thanks to Harry but the visual references in a DVD are really great.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Thanks for the info, Angelo. Is there much information about the different flash modes? This is the most perplexing part of the camera to me.

mitch
    haven't gotten that far yet, sorry.

edit: I'll check the chapter log for you Mitcharoonie.
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    I got the DVD today along with a Sandisk 1GB EXTREME III Sadisk card for my wife. I wonder if we can watch it as a romantic movie. Camera talk really gets us in a romantic mood. iloveyou.giflustheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I got the DVD today along with a Sandisk 1GB EXTREME III Sadisk card for my wife. I wonder if we can watch it as a romantic movie. Camera talk really gets us in a romantic mood. iloveyou.giflustheadscratch.gif
    is that why they call you lucky headscratch.gifthumb.gifclap.gif Jeff
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2005
    Thanks, Angelo!!

How did you know my nickname?
    Angelo wrote:
    haven't gotten that far yet, sorry.

edit: I'll check the chapter log for you Mitcharoonie.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Thanks, Angelo!!

How did you know my nickname?
    rolleyes1.gif

I'll check that chapter log for you; promise.
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2005
    Is it me or does anyone else have difficulty using the multiple flash modes on this camera? Having owned many other Nikons, I find the actual picture taking with the D70 to be quite intuitive. Unfortunately, the lack of information in the manual regarding the on board flash and the iTTL with external flashes has left me quite confused. I can't seem to find good instruction on how to use my SB600 with this camera. The Nikonians web site has been helpful, but I still scratch my head when using a flash!

mitch
    Angelo wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

I'll check that chapter log for you; promise.
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Is it me or does anyone else have difficulty using the multiple flash modes on this camera? Having owned many other Nikons, I find the actual picture taking with the D70 to be quite intuitive. Unfortunately, the lack of information in the manual regarding the on board flash and the iTTL with external flashes has left me quite confused. I can't seem to find good instruction on how to use my SB600 with this camera. The Nikonians web site has been helpful, but I still scratch my head when using a flash!
    mitch
    Mitch:

I checked the chapter log and did a quick scan of the section on flash operation. As informative and good as this DVD is sadly the chapter on flash is weak. Sorry!
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    I still don't really know half the settings on my camera, gonna have to order that... thanks for the tip!

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:

Hey lucky, it's ok to love your camera, just don't LOVE your camera.eek7.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    I upgraded the flash on the D70 just now. It simplifies the menus but KILLS the color. It makes it easier to read but I liked the color coding in the older version. Oh well, maybe they will bring it back in 3.0.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    Hey Angelo, I'm moving this to the How To forum.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au