Hey everyone

mistiquebluemistiqueblue Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 18, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and from what I've seen so far, it seems pretty cool. There are so many talented photographers here! I got into photography about this time last year when I got my first digital camera, and I've been hooked ever since. I recently bought myself a Fujifilm S3000Z and although I am only a beginner compared to most of you here, I hope I will be able to gain a few tips and take better pictures. I am from Australia and I don't know how many of you are also from OZ, or have been here before, but here is a picture I took last year with my old camera at Girraween National Park. I hope you like it and hopefully you can give me some constructive criticism so that I can improve. Thanks,
~mistiqueblue~

Comments

• Mike WernerMike Werner Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2004
    Welcome aboard.

Woow, nice one.

Peaceful !!
    Mike Werner
    Paris, France

http://news.motorbiker.org/
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2004
    No criticism here, blue, that's a really nice shot. I like how it's framed, leads the eye from the bottom all the way through the shot, nice colors, too. You like that camera?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • mistiquebluemistiqueblue Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 16, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    No criticism here, blue, that's a really nice shot. I like how it's framed, leads the eye from the bottom all the way through the shot, nice colors, too. You like that camera?
    Well the camera I took this picture with was the fujifilm finepix A202 - It's a nice camera, I mean you can take it anywhere and it takes great pictures just by pointing and shooting. But I wanted zoom. The A202 only had digital zoom....so last Christmas I upgraded and got myself a S3000 which has 6x optical zoom. So far, yeah, I am liking it.
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2004
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and from what I've seen so far, it seems pretty cool. There are so many talented photographers here! I got into photography about this time last year when I got my first digital camera, and I've been hooked ever since. I recently bought myself a Fujifilm S3000Z and although I am only a beginner compared to most of you here, I hope I will be able to gain a few tips and take better pictures. I am from Australia and I don't know how many of you are also from OZ, or have been here before, but here is a picture I took last year with my old camera at Girraween National Park. I hope you like it and hopefully you can give me some constructive criticism so that I can improve. Thanks,
    ~mistiqueblue~
    Nice picture. I like the balance but I think I would have liked to see a shot with the camera held much closer to the ground and angled up just a tad to put the horizon on the line of the bottom 3d rather than the midpoint. It would be fun to compare.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2004
    Interesting point, cmr. It would be fun to compare.

IMHO, if the camera were closer to the ground, the water area would flatten out and occupy less of the image, leaving more sky. I think the water is the most interesting part of the image. If anything, getting the camera higher, so more water was in the shot and the horizon lifted to the upper third, might be a consideration. ne_nau.gif

However, I think it's a pretty sweet shot as is, and doesn't really need to be fixed. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2004
    welcome 'blue mwink.gif

this is indeed a fine shot in oz - i've gotten to know a bunch of oz photographers via the 'net and so i'm pleased to know you.

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • FleasFleas Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2004
    interesting
    That is a good landscape photo. I find it interesting.. Keep them coming