Options

Denver, CO hot spots?

BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
I'll be in Denver, CO in a couple weeks (March 21-25) and have a couple things planned, but will have time to check out some "must see" spots. Recommendations???

I'm booked for a ride on the ski train which should be fun, planning to visit the DAM and other cultural spots (as well as plenty of brew pubs). I don't plan to rent a car so will use public trans or foot. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Benjer
Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!

Comments

• Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    I'll be in Denver, CO in a couple weeks (March 21-25) and have a couple things planned, but will have time to check out some "must see" spots. Recommendations???

I'm booked for a ride on the ski train which should be fun, planning to visit the DAM and other cultural spots (as well as plenty of brew pubs). I don't plan to rent a car so will use public trans or foot. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Benjer

Depending on location, check out the Riverfront area and the Millenium Bridge.
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2009
    Dizzle wrote:
    Depending on location, check out the Riverfront area and the Millenium Bridge.

Hey, thanks Dizzle - I'll look those up! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    Hey, thanks Dizzle - I'll look those up! thumb.gif

North end of the 16th Street mall, past the train station. If you are into architecture then you should check out the train station (Union Station)...great light in the afternoon.

Shoot me a PM when you get to town and if I am free I would love to hang out and shoot with you for a while.
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    I'm headed to Denver from 15 May through the 21st. Over the weekend (15th, 16th, 17th) I hope to get out of town and find a couple of good scenic locations to shoot. Any recommendations?

I'd love ot get into the mountains, if the snow has melted some. Renting a car is a given, so I'll be mobile. While in town, I'll check out your local recommendations. Any others?

In advance thanks for any out-of-the-downtown-area shooting venues I should check out!
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2009
    El Gato wrote:
    I'm headed to Denver from 15 May through the 21st. Over the weekend (15th, 16th, 17th) I hope to get out of town and find a couple of good scenic locations to shoot. Any recommendations?

I'd love ot get into the mountains, if the snow has melted some. Renting a car is a given, so I'll be mobile. While in town, I'll check out your local recommendations. Any others?

In advance thanks for any out-of-the-downtown-area shooting venues I should check out!

I believe that Garden of the Gods is not too far out - I spent half a day there last year. Cool rock formations, rock climbers, and great sunsets! Unfortunately I won't be mobile this time...would love to go again!
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2009
    Dizzle wrote:
    North end of the 16th Street mall, past the train station. If you are into architecture then you should check out the train station (Union Station)...great light in the afternoon.

Shoot me a PM when you get to town and if I am free I would love to hang out and shoot with you for a while.

Hey Dizzle, thanks for the recommendation. I'll pm you soon. thumb.gif
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    I believe that Garden of the Gods is not too far out - I spent half a day there last year. Cool rock formations, rock climbers, and great sunsets! Unfortunately I won't be mobile this time...would love to go again!

Thanks Benjer! I'll check into it. Sounds cool!

I appreciate your input!