FH: Pat Furey lifestyle sessions!

patfureyphotopatfureyphoto Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited March 25, 2009 in For Hire
6f11yr.jpg
Lifestyle sessions range from 1-2 hours on location capturing the essence and individuality of the person, couple, or family in front of my lens.

For the initial investment of $350 you get Pat Furey for up to 2 hours on location, an 11x14 print, and a low-resolution sample CD of all of the images.

Check out my website or search my posts here to get a feel for myself and my work. :)

Spots are limited.

info@patfureyphoto.com

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 13, 2009
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 15, 2009
    Sorry to make an example, again, but as this forum is new...

This forum is "services for hire". Please provide more information, not just a banner for some event, or this post will be deleted. You can review the guidelines below, in my signature.

thank you,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• patfureyphotopatfureyphoto Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Sorry to make an example, again, but as this forum is new...

This forum is "services for hire". Please provide more information, not just a banner for some event, or this post will be deleted. You can review the guidelines below, in my signature.

thank you,
    fixed, thanks.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    I still don't get it...ne_nau.gif What is offered? headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    I still don't get it...ne_nau.gif What is offered? headscratch.gif

From the post:
    "up to 2 hours of on location shooting"
    "11x14 print"
    "low-resolution sample CD of all of the images"

The "spots are limited" part is hilarious. rolleyes1.gif
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    I am guessing patfureyphoto is selling his services as a photographer... which is fine, but since this is a photographer forum, seems a bit misplaced.

I suppose even chefs eat food cooked by others, so have at it patfureyphoto.

(btw nice banner)
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Are there visitors of Dgrin that are just solely photographers? Or could there be just regular visitors who aren't photographers? Likewise, Patfureyphoto may offer services in an area where there might be inquiries coming from.

I am guessing that he is shooting this thread as a service for those non-photogs who visit this site and might inquire.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    cmason wrote:
    I am guessing patfureyphoto his selling is services as a photographer... which is fine, but since this is a photographer forum, seems a bit misplaced.
    my line of thoughts exactly..
    I suppose even chefs eat food cooked by others
    yes, they do... when they are the in judge panel of Iron Chef mwink.gif

Anyway, good luck with the initiative thumb.gif , I'm really curious how it pans out!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited February 16, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    From the post:
    The "spots are limited" part is hilarious. rolleyes1.gif
    *don't feed the troll*

Anyway, I saw the sub forum, and threw up a post. I've shot something here for a member before, and am currently talking with a new client. I've gotten lots of work via FM/PoTN/Facebook/Myspace/Twitter. Free advertising can't hurt.
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Wow, you guys are all clownin on Pat, but why was this "For Hire" section even created if not for stuff like what he's offering??headscratch.gif His post makes sense to me, for the section it is posted in anyhow.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2009
    Everyone,
    If you have general thoughts about the For Hire forum, please post them in the discussion thread I posted, not in the thread of someone who has followed the new forum guidelines.

General flea market guidelines like common courtesy and a minimum of non-essential comments apply in here.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    *don't feed the troll*

Heh, that's me. I've been here for four years and posted over 1100 times to build up a good reputation just so I could turn troll on your post. rolleyes1.gif

I really don't mean you any ill will - I was trying to be helpful by pointing out to others that you had been clear (after the initial update) about what you were offering. "Spots are limited" is funny because I don't know too many people who are turning away work these days. Something tells me that if a bunch of people wanted to make use of your services you'd find a way to fit them in. I'm sorry if my comment offended you - I was just having a little fun. thumb.gif

IMO - You're wise to use every free form of advertising you can find.
    edited February 17, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    Heh, that's me. I've been here for four years and posted over 1100 times to build up a good reputation just so I could turn troll on your post. rolleyes1.gif

I really don't mean you any ill will - I was trying to be helpful by pointing out to others that you had been clear (after the initial update) about what you were offering. "Spots are limited" is funny because I don't know too many people who are turning away work these days. Something tells me that if a bunch of people wanted to make use of your services you'd find a way to fit them in. I'm sorry if my comment offended you - I was just having a little fun. thumb.gif

IMO - You're wise to use every free form of advertising you can find.
    No worries man. thumb.gif

Spots are limited, however, is true. I've turned away and/or referred clients to others. I've come to learn that just because you have money doesn't make you an ideal client.
  • clcoroniosclcoronios Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Your message header really caught my eye - as I have just started using "Lifestyle Portraits" in my marketing. We're equine photographers - and somehow, that phrase just seems to include portraits of/with horses better than anything else I could come up with.

Great minds, eh? thumb.gif

Carol
    Carol Lynn Coronios
    As You Like It Productions
    Equine photography in the northeast
    Chatham, NY
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    I like how your ad looks like the front cover of a magazine. It's definitely an eye-catcher. And, it completely makes sense to advertise you services here. Non photographers, amateurs, photographers who aren't great at shooting themselves all visit this site. I'll probably look here when my sister is planning her wedding, because as much as I'd love to be the one taking those photos, I'll have much more important duties that day. Same thing with my kids' b-day party, etc.

Caroline
    edited March 25, 2009
    I like how your ad looks like the front cover of a magazine. It's definitely an eye-catcher. And, it completely makes sense to advertise you services here. Non photographers, amateurs, photographers who aren't great at shooting themselves all visit this site. I'll probably look here when my sister is planning her wedding, because as much as I'd love to be the one taking those photos, I'll have much more important duties that day. Same thing with my kids' b-day party, etc.

Caroline
    Thanks Caroline! It means a lot to hear good things from other photographers. I actually have done a fair amount of work for other photographers. They appreciate me so much, it's the best. thumb.gif