Options

SOLD: Canon EF 2X II Extender Telephoto Accessory

canon2003canon2003 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 2, 2009 in House of Canon
$250.00 Split Paypal Charges if any. Free US shipping. Excellent Condition.
This extender has been re-designed optically and offers excellent performance with compatible EF lenses (same as the Extender EF 1.4x II). It features a new seven-element design, and same weather-resistant design and anti-reflection internal construction as the new EF 1.4x II. The EF 2x II doubles the focal length of any lens it's mounted to, and reduces its effective aperture by two stops. With the EF 2x II, AF is possible with any EOS body if the lens has an f/2.8 or faster maximum aperture, and compatible Image Stabilization lenses maintain the IS feature when used with any current EOS camera.

Comments

• Options
    Joe'sMomJoe'sMom Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 30, 2009
    Any experience with the 75-300EF III with this extender--anyone?
  • Options
    MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Joe'sMom wrote:
    Any experience with the 75-300EF III with this extender--anyone?

I don't know if it will fit but I'm pretty sure you will lose the auto focus feature because of the 2 stop light decrease.
    Mike
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.
  • Options
    du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    99% positive it won't fit. My friend is borrowing my copy of the 70-300, but the 2x extender I have (same model) won't work with anything not L - specifically the white lenses.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Options
    Joe'sMomJoe'sMom Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 31, 2009
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gif Thank you!!! du8die & MT Stringer for your replies--I knew someone would know the answer!!
  • Options
    leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Here is a link from B&H for the compatibility on this item. I wondered the same thing on several lenses. HTH

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/charts/canon2xExtender.html
  • Options
    canon2003canon2003 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2009
    Canon extender
    "sold"