Options

Kodak Disc 6000...what is this? lol

Zoom RaiderZoom Raider Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
edited May 19, 2005 in Cameras
As some of you may know, I just bought my second camera of my entire life this past Sunday...the Nikon N75. My first one`til a few weeks ago was a Kodak DX7590. A very nice digital camera, but with very lil' options for expanding it's zoom, so I took it back. I'm pretty happy with the Nikon now.:):

Well, as I was laying here today, I remembered I had a camera I've never used collecting dust in a box. It was given to my mom back in 1986. She never used it either. I don't think she ever had a camera in her life`til that one was given to her, and I don't think my dad ever had one either. Then there was me with never having a camera`til a few weeks ago.

Guess we weren't into having many pictures taken of ourselves. I know I didn't like my picture taken ever since I turned about 17. Now days I'm worse about it. Just keep your cameras away from from me...lol But before I was 17, I spent a lot of time doing other things for fun, like BMX, motorcycles (dirt and street) and skateboarding. Photography wasn't in the brain in those days...lol

Well, this camera I got out of the box is a 1982-1984 Kodak Disc 6000. Anyone know about this kind'a camera? For one, I can't figure out why it keeps making a buzzing sound when I push the shutter button,`cos the batteries SHOULD be dead,`cos we never used the camera. Then again, maybe it doesn't use batteries,`cos I can't even find the battery door anywhere. But this camera still seems to work since it's making this buzzing sound.

I'll take it to this shop someday that I have linked at the bottom to see if I can get discs for it and use it at times. It's not that old, but maybe it's a collector's item...not that I'm gonna sell it...lol If any of you buy, sell or and/or trade oldie cameras from shops out of your area, here's a place I found a week ago...www.superiorcamera.com. Only thing though, he doesn't really deal with digital, maybe not even DSLR's. But he sure does have some oldies and plenty of SLR's if you're interested.

Thanks!:):

~ZR~
http://mostamazingprophecies.com

My Gear
Camera: Nikon D50
Lens: Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
Flash: Nikon SB600 SpeedLight
Vertical Powergrip: Opteka Platinum Series
Flash Diffuser: Lightsphere II (Clear)

Teleconverter: Quantaray 2x
Lens Filters: 2 SunPak UV 58mm

Card: Lexar Platinum II 512mb/60x