Options

Far but close wedding :)

Aleksandras BabiciusAleksandras Babicius Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited April 9, 2009 in Weddings
San Francisco. With light nostalgia on the last autumn.

http://meninenuotrauka.lt/2008/cynthia_sebastian/

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    San Francisco. With light nostalgia on the last autumn.

http://meninenuotrauka.lt/2008/cynthia_sebastian/

Thanks!

Just one question about your fabulous wedding photographs...what camera, and what lens are you using for the long shots indoors and outdoors?

Thanks for sharing...I never tire of looking at your work....
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    Just one question about your fabulous wedding photographs...what camera, and what lens are you using for the long shots indoors and outdoors?

He posts photos and says "thanks friends", good luck:D

Nice stuff, how many shootersrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    cj99si wrote:

According to his website...2 shooters and standard charge is about(4999PLN) $6300 for a 5 hour wedding each additional hr = 300Euro........so not a cheap wedding photog by any standards......wonder how much is taxed in Poland??? or Lithuania or where ever he is actually from....prices are in Polish currency and website is from lt (Lithuania)....his partners name is Czech{Irina Belcikova} (or at the very lest Slavic ......)...............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2009
    As usual amazing work, love the bokeh in several of these!
  • Options
    Aleksandras BabiciusAleksandras Babicius Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:

Thanks for your response and praises.
    I work with Nikon D3. I actually use two lenses: 85/1,4 (favourite) and 14-24/2,8 for a wide corner. I have some more lenses, but, as a rule, I use them very seldom. I prefer more and more often to move physically. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    cj99si wrote:

Thanks. I often work together with daughter Irina. But now the small child and, therefore, together we work together only at home, in Lithuania. On this wedding I had to work to one. Useful physical training. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    According to his website...2 shooters and standard charge is about(4999PLN) $6300 for a 5 hour wedding each additional hr = 300Euro........so not a cheap wedding photog by any standards......wonder how much is taxed in Poland??? or Lithuania or where ever he is actually from....prices are in Polish currency and website is from lt (Lithuania)....his partners name is Czech{Irina Belcikova} (or at the very lest Slavic ......)...............

You have a little confused with exchange rates. Actually we cost little bit more cheaply. We usually ask to pay for a standard package about 1,5-2,0 thousand euro (1,9-2,6 thousand US dollars).
    I hope, we cost this money :)
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    As usual amazing work, love the bokeh in several of these!

Thanks!
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Nice stuff, as always. I love the clean 'technical' feel of your images (if you know what I mean -- like how an image has a feel based on the content and has a feel based on the technicals).
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    You have a little confused with exchange rates. Actually we cost little bit more cheaply. We usually ask to pay for a standard package about 1,5-2,0 thousand euro (1,9-2,6 thousand US dollars).

Dang GOOGLE page translator gave me wrong translation.......I seenow that it is 4,999Lt not PLN(asgooogle stated and XE.com gave as just over 6300USD) My mistake.

SUCH BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS HAVE
    NO REAL PRICEbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Thanks. I often work together with daughter Irina. But now the small child and, therefore, together we work together only at home, in Lithuania. On this wedding I had to work to one. Useful physical training. thumb.gif

Awesome to here from you! I just got new interaweb callout points:D

I have heard a lot of good things about that 14-24, tell your daughter shes got a good eye as well!

Is it harder to shoot a traditional wedding or one back home?
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009

I think you more than cost the money. You have some of the best wedding photographs on the web.

And again, thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Your work is always breathtaking, and very VERY inspiring for those of us who are just learning. Thank you for continuing to share!

Thank you too for taking the time to answer everybody's questions in English - I think you know how everybody here admires your beautiful pictures, so thank you for helping us to understand some of what you do to make such images! thumb.gifbowdown.gifclap
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    I've seen some of your stuff somewhere else lately..maybe in rangefinder? as a competition winner? Can't put my finger on it. It is interesting to see how your style works on an "American Wedding". When I see your stuff it is all very exotic, and strange because of the locales, because the subjects have a different relationship with being photographed, because they don't screw on a face because they are in front of a camera. What shines through in the work is your technical mastery, and vision to see the compositions and the double images, and the out of focus foreground elements. Overall however, it is somewhat diminished to me because the subjects, and locale are things I've seen before. It also ALMOST makes some of your stuff seemed staged in its yearning to be spontaneous. The seams of the direction you give (or maybe the video crew gave) are more visible in this work. I'm not saying it doesn't look natural, it does, but it lacks some of the spontaneity (for me) that is hallmark of your European weddings. I think the best stuff is in the hedges, and the worst is the street. I also think that a lot of it rides the line of overprocessed, but that is just my preference because I know this looks sells for a lot of people. So will you come to the US to shoot again? Or was it just a big pain in the ass?
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Aleksandras! Wonderful of you to share with us another brilliant set. You are truly the master of negative space and each of your galleries gives me so much inspiration. After seeing all that you have posted here I am starting to get a good feel for your style. This set you seemed to use more blurred foreground which adds a little different flavor. Wonderful work. Thanks for sharing with us your equipment also... We always like to know the how.

I can't say enough what a treat it is to be able to see your galleries.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Your work is just stunning! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif Boy would I want to be a little bug on your shoulder and have a peek at your settings & see how you interact with the couples clap.gif
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Agree! I have your site bookmarked and look at it even when you don't post here!
    Jaye
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2009
    Blurmore wrote:
    I've seen some of your stuff somewhere else lately..maybe in rangefinder? as a competition winner? Can't put my finger on it. It is interesting to see how your style works on an "American Wedding". When I see your stuff it is all very exotic, and strange because of the locales, because the subjects have a different relationship with being photographed, because they don't screw on a face because they are in front of a camera. What shines through in the work is your technical mastery, and vision to see the compositions and the double images, and the out of focus foreground elements. Overall however, it is somewhat diminished to me because the subjects, and locale are things I've seen before. It also ALMOST makes some of your stuff seemed staged in its yearning to be spontaneous. The seams of the direction you give (or maybe the video crew gave) are more visible in this work. I'm not saying it doesn't look natural, it does, but it lacks some of the spontaneity (for me) that is hallmark of your European weddings. I think the best stuff is in the hedges, and the worst is the street. I also think that a lot of it rides the line of overprocessed, but that is just my preference because I know this looks sells for a lot of people. So will you come to the US to shoot again? Or was it just a big pain in the ass?

Many thanks for your response. I really very highly appreciate that you have wasted time and have written here the opinion.
    Certainly, it is a pity to me, that this my "American" work has not made on you impression. It is especially a pity, because the result is pleasant to me. I admit, that so happens far not always. Probably you are right, that habitualness of conditions influences perception. Probably, selection of the staff this time was too "brushed". Actually I shot all the day long, it is a lot of photos. Perhaps, it was necessary to select more than more "informal" photos.
    In any case, your remarks are very highly appreciated.
    As to "direction" it for my part was not. The reason consists that, first - it is not my style, and secondly I almost do not speak English. :)
    I in America photographed wedding for the first time. Should tell, that me the invited people and have very much liked me to all of them an environment. I felt comfortably enough, despite of the difficulties connected with my awful English language. Besides, I in general like to travel. I like to work in unusual conditions. Therefore I always with pleasure accept similar offers. Though, from the commercial side, it, certainly, not so profitable projects. :)
    I hope, you will manage to decipher my ideas stated by clumsy English language.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2009
    cj99si wrote:
    Awesome to here from you! I just got new interaweb callout points:D

I have heard a lot of good things about that 14-24, tell your daughter shes got a good eye as well!

Is it harder to shoot a traditional wedding or one back home?

Thanks for your compliments and greetings of my daughter. I necessarily shall transmit them to her.
    To work at home is easier, certainly. But personally for me a wedding photo - not only business, but also love. And in unusual conditions, it is far from the house, feelings become more brightly and more sharply. :) Therefore I am always very glad, when I receive any unusual order.
    Yes, 14-24 is good. :)
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Many thanks for your response.
    I hope, you will manage to decipher my ideas stated by clumsy English language.

Believe it or not...I got it exactly. Hopefully my comments hit their mark as well. Thanks for responding.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2009
    _
    Friends, thanks for your comments. It is very pleasant, that you look our works. Thanks! :)

PS
    By the way, look at photos from rehearsal. It was very unusual to me. At us in Lithuania of rehearsals do not arrange.
    http://meninenuotrauka.lt/2008/cynthia_sebastian_day0/
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    you are a great photographer and I always enjoy looking at your images, I also think the blog is beautiful too.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2009
    Thanks for your compliments and greetings of my daughter. I necessarily shall transmit them to her.
    To work at home is easier, certainly. But personally for me a wedding photo - not only business, but also love. And in unusual conditions, it is far from the house, feelings become more brightly and more sharply. :) Therefore I am always very glad, when I receive any unusual order.
    Yes, 14-24 is good. :)

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate it, I know it must take some time for you. I really dug the rehearsal shots. I dont have any weddings at this point till June, And always enjoy shooting the rehearsal.
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2009
    you are a great photographer and I always enjoy looking at your images, I also think the blog is beautiful too.
    Thanks! :)