Options

FS: Cactus V4 1trigger/3receivers

KoryJKoryJ Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited April 3, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
I have a set of new Cactus V4 trigger/3 receivers. They work but not to the 30m range in which they were advertised.

I have tested and tested and indoors I get about 10% misfires using 3 strobes. They work through walls and floors but just require chimping to see if the shot you take doesn't have a misfire. The do seem to work better when not directly next to one another. I even shot with a 90% success rate inside a microwave oven at 15ft.

I am looking to just sell these (instead of sending them back to Hong Kong) to someone here in the states that may want them and doesn't mind the shorter than advertised range and not 100% reliability.
I just need something a bit more solid so I can be positive they will fire without having to check all the time.

1 transmitter and 3 receivers with all included cords $80 shipped.

Comments

• Options
    SkydawgSkydawg Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    You or the buyer should consider this modification...
    http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php/topic,76.0.html
    It adds an antennae to the transmitter. I have 2 transmitters I have modified and they work reliably to at least 120ft. I have shot bball games with receivers at both ends of the court and not missed a shot.

John
  • Options
    KoryJKoryJ Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Thanks for the info... these are the new models that already have an external antenna... I may open them up and see if everything is properly seated. Maybe someone will figure out how to make these units a bit more reliable as well.
    Thanks again!