VENDOR: Helping reduce the need for an assistant

medinaphoto1medinaphoto1 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited April 13, 2009 in Flea Market
I have designed and am marketing a bag that basically frees one up of needing an assistant. Now you can carry up to 4 lights in on bag, fully assembled and ready to go. The bag has a 'kickstand' for uneven surfaces or for the beach when you can't lay your bag down, and has wheels for easy mobility through churches and receptions. Check it out at www.thelightcaddy.com

Thanks,
Rob Medina
Robert Medina
Medina Photography LLC
My Website
My Blog
My product

Comments

• photobanksphotobanks Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Neat idea!!
    Michael Banks

www.banksy.me.uk - main website
    http://galleries.banksy.me.uk - smugmug site
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    I like it; however, doing several beach shoots a year, I'd like to see a version that has oversized tires. the ones that are on there will quickly bog down in sand.
  • JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    It's a twist, but I don't know if it eliminates a whole assistant. Maybe just an arm or something.

The price is very good too.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • medinaphoto1medinaphoto1 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    I like it; however, doing several beach shoots a year, I'd like to see a version that has oversized tires. the ones that are on there will quickly bog down in sand.

Thanks everyone for your comments! Travis- I included a large shoulder strap to transport the bag over sand. I understand the large tire concept- but my target were photographers who work on many surfaces. Thanks,Rob
    Robert Medina
    Medina Photography LLC
    My Website
    My Blog
    My product
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Thanks everyone for your comments! Travis- I included a large shoulder strap to transport the bag over sand. I understand the large tire concept- but my target were photographers who work on many surfaces. Thanks,Rob

Yea but its all about me, me, me... rolleyes1.gif I understand and great idea.
  • medinaphoto1medinaphoto1 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    Yea but its all about me, me, me... rolleyes1.gif I understand and great idea.

Laughing.gif~ very good!
    Robert Medina
    Medina Photography LLC
    My Website
    My Blog
    My product
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009

You might consider making the large tire an option (special order). Here on the west coast, there are plenty of areas that would benefit from larger tires.

It is a neat idea, good luck with it.
    Steve

Website
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 3, 2009
    Rob - neat idea, thanks for bringing it here.

However, please read our guidelines (linked below), this is "Vending" and you need to shoot me a PM.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    my lightstands (2 for main lights) have permanently attached wheels about 3" in dia.......will they fit thru the provided holes?? but that isn't going to reduce the need for an assistant it will only possibly make the assistants job a bit easier.....possibly and as Travis pointed out a true need for larger tires not only for the sand but also for stair climbing.... a larger tire of approx 10" will make pulling up stairs a lot easier as the normal riser is 8" ( a problem with most hand trucks (2-wheelers) is that their tires are 6-8" and they get got on the lip of the stair.....with a 10" tire this will not happen and the tires really should be pneumatic....However it looks as if this is just a converted golf bag....to which they do not come with pneumatic tires or tires of 10" diameters.............

Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• 138photog138photog Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2009
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    It's a twist, but I don't know if it eliminates a whole assistant. Maybe just an arm or something.

That made me laugh. Thank you.