Options

FS: Tamron 500mm f/8 Adaptall 2 (Nikon AI and EOS Mount)

pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited April 14, 2009 in House of Canon
I've been meaning to put this up for sale for a while but have procrastinated because I hate to part with it...

Tamron 500mm f/8 Adapatall2 lens with original Nikon Ai and Canon EOS mounting adapters. I used this lens on Canon 20D, 40D and Xsi without any issues (I think it should work on all EOS bodies) as well as the last of my Nikon film bodies FM and FE2 (have heard the lens is not compatible with newer consumer Nikon DSLRs, so check before you purchase).

This mirror lens is gorgeously built with amazingly dampened and smooth focus ring (one full turn from infinity to 1.7m). Lens is very sharp but remember that you'll have to manually focus it, which can take some practice on newer DSLR viewfinders. As you may know, these lenses can produce ring out of focus highlight which you can use for either good or evil depending on your inclination.

You can see a good review of the lens (compared against a much more expensive Canon 500mm F4.5 L) in this Bob Atkins Article

I am willing to sell it with or without both adapters but am pricing it here with both adapters included (BTW - the Tamron-original EOS adapter is EXTREMELY rare and I've seen it going for $100+ by itself). Complete kit including lens, Ai and EOS adapter, case, hood and some of the original paperwork with shipping is $320 OBO.

You can see high res samples of photos taken with the lens In my Gallery here at Modernstills.com

Thanks and good shooting

A few small shots of and from the lens here for the forum:

488034912_XPqf2-M.jpg

488035014_HJcw2-M.jpg

488034883_KqffH-M.jpg

488035338_YYr3B-M-1.jpg

488035659_aMHHt-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    Lens is still available.

Lens and two adapters (Nikon and Canon) including shipping and (if applicable) Paypal costs is now $275 for any location within the continental US.

If you are only interested in only the lens with the Nikon Ai mount (with out the Canon EOS mount adapter) the prices is $215.

Thanks

BTW - if you are interested in finding out about this lens, here is a good place to start (Bob Atkin's webpage):

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/telefoto.htm
  • Options
    ifly_65ifly_65 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 14, 2009
    pyanez wrote:
    Lens is still available.

Lens and two adapters (Nikon and Canon) including shipping and (if applicable) Paypal costs is now $275 for any location within the continental US.

If you are only interested in only the lens with the Nikon Ai mount (with out the Canon EOS mount adapter) the prices is $215.

Thanks

BTW - if you are interested in finding out about this lens, here is a good place to start (Bob Atkin's webpage):

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/telefoto.htm

I am interested...PM sent.