WTH: Assistant for weddings- Baton Rouge, Louisiana

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 4, 2009 in For Hire
I am interested in finding someone to assist me with weddings in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. If you are interested in wedding and event photography let me know. :thumb

Comments

• ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    Too bad we don't live closer Jeff, you'd be a lot of fun to shoot a wedding together with!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    totally. wanna fly me over? I'll shoot for free:-) rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    Too bad we don't live closer Jeff, you'd be a lot of fun to shoot a wedding together with!

I agree...and I would be willing to shoot second for someone else as well...as long as they were willing to do the same for me. Then to be honest....shooting second is fast becoming the smallest part of the help I need. Someone to guard the gear, set up lights/lighting, and do s alittle shooting......would be a lifesaver.
    edited February 16, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    totally. wanna fly me over? I'll shoot for free:-) rolleyes1.gif

Well Nik while I am fortunately NOT shooting for free these days I (unfortunately) don't quite have the headroom in my pricing to accomodate flying an "assistant" in and out.:D

BTW....

Shouldn't someone who has taken the moniker of "Darth SLR" have his own means of air travel?rolleyes1.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Well Nik while I am fortunately NOT shooting for free these days I (unfortunately) don't quite have the headroom in my pricing to accomodate flying an "assistant" in and out.:D
    well, if any client decides to add Los Angeles fashion photog to the mix you'll know whom to holler:-)
    BTW....
    Shouldn't someone who has taken the moniker of "Darth SLR" have his own means of air travel?rolleyes1.gif
    I only travel for free by the Death Star, you *really* don't want to see it over Baton Rouge :-) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Scott MyersScott Myers Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2009
    New Orleans-Baton Rouge
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I am interested in finding someone to assist me with weddings in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. If you are interested in wedding and event photography let me know. thumb.gif

Hi Jeff,

I'm in New Orleans, so depending on what you're offering, and depending on if you're interested in offering pay for gas, I might be interested.

Here's a link to my portfolio:http://www.scottmyersphotography.com/#/new-page/

Still having some tech issues with the video playback, but should give you a glimpse of what I do.

Thanks,

Scott Myers
    edited February 24, 2009
    Hi Jeff,

I'm in New Orleans, so depending on what you're offering, and depending on if you're interested in offering pay for gas, I might be interested.

Here's a link to my portfolio:http://www.scottmyersphotography.com/#/new-page/

Still having some tech issues with the video playback, but should give you a glimpse of what I do.

Thanks,

Scott Myers

I appreciate the reply...and your work looks excellent. For now, I intend to keep trying to find someone local as that would be easier for me....and the second party. I can handle most of what I have ahead of me alone, but for sure have a December wedding that will require two shooters. If I can't find someone and get comfortable with them by then I may surely be in touch.

FWIW.....your slideshow/video.....or however you are serving up that portfolio is a wreck. The audio and lead in is inconsistant and it really detracts from the viewing experience. Fix that....the images deserve it!thumb.gif
  • Scott McLeod PhotoScott McLeod Photo Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Jeff, I can't be a regular, because I am not in BTR all the time, but I am enough that I could be of use. I will get in touch the next time I am in town, which will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday of this coming week.

Scott
    WTB: 1GB and 512k CF cards.
    I have a need for a decent # of these smaller cards. If you have multiple cards that would be great. I am located at zip code 35243 & 35255.
  • bnunezbnunez Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 2, 2009
    Jeff, my name is Brandi and I live in baton rouge and I'm interested. I can bring you a portfolio for review if you are interested. I've done photography for about 7 years now and am pretty intermediate in my understanding.

lmk
    Thanks, Brandi
    edited March 4, 2009
    bnunez wrote:
    Jeff, my name is Brandi and I live in baton rouge and I'm interested. I can bring you a portfolio for review if you are interested. I've done photography for about 7 years now and am pretty intermediate in my understanding.

lmk
    Thanks, Brandi

Ive sent you a PM(private message).
  • livingdoglivingdog Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 4, 2009
    Don't know if you've filled the assistant spot or would like another... but I ould certainly appreciate the opportunity. I live in BR, have been shooting a couple years now, fairly well equipped and strong knowledge....

Let me know, I'd love to help.

clap.gif