Options

Saving Shopping Cart

DEPM20DEPM20 Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited June 5, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Hey guys. .. I have had numerous clients tell me that they had gone through numerous galleries choosing pictures of their kids from various sports. . They are frustrated by the fact that when they leave and then return back to the site they find that their cart did not save. . is there something I do not know to tell them. . I understand their frustration and I know several clients that have told me that who I know would have placed big orders and I am losing out on business and so is Smugmug. . any suggestions?? .. I have people who are going through hundreds of photos and certainly do not want to repeat the process. . .

Thanks

dm:dunno

dpm.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    We save the cart for 21 days in a cookie on their computer. If they clear their cookies, the cart is cleared too, sorry :(
  • Options
    TJBTJB Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Saving Shopping Cart
    We save the cart for 21 days in a cookie on their computer. If they clear their cookies, the cart is cleared too
    Would there be any consideration for lengthening the time the cookie is active (say 90 days or so) versus having a way to "save" a shopping cart and receive a "code" for that cart?

I shoot mostly elementary school events and the parents want to save on shipping costs so they "collect" the shots they want from each event as they occur and when they have enough to justify the shipping they pull the trigger on the order. I have had several parents indicate (with frustration) that when they returned their cart was empty. At least now I can tell them it expires in 21 days!

sataps.smugmug.com
    Thanks!