Options

Timely comments

JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
edited May 20, 2005 in Sports
I shot a kart race in raw over the weekend and after looking at the opions decided that I could get much better results convertinfg to jpg one at a time instead of batch mode. I did about 300 frames and was getting sick of it, and contemplating just saying screw it and using batch. Right then while I was thinking about it someone made the first comment on this gallery where I had loaded the first 300.

http://pics.jamesjweg.com/gallery/538302

that was all that was needed to get me happily cranking away again. Boy does it ever feel good to get a few positive comments at the right moment when all you can see in every frame is what you did wrong.

James.

Comments

• Options
    T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    Wow those are great. I love the ones of the kids...of course!

I agree on the timing of comments to keep you going. Positive remarks always make me want to do more.
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!
    edited May 19, 2005
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 19, 2005
    Good post James thumb.gifthumb.gif (and I liked your cart pics too clap.gif )

With all the pics that are being posted here nowadays, there are bound to be some orphans, or some that are lightly responded to. Keep posting and the responses will come. I agree that it's always motivating to get some input/feedback on your shots. Sometimes you may have to wait a day or two to receive this feedback, but it's dearly appreciated nonetheless.

Reading the "thank yous" within these posts and threads like this one, let folks know that their comments really are important. IMHO, if you're going to take the time to look at someone's image(s), take a few more seconds to post a comment :D

Thanks for posting this James,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Good post James thumb.gifthumb.gif (and I liked your cart pics too clap.gif )

With all the pics that are being posted here nowadays, there are bound to be some orphans, or some that are lightly responded to. Keep posting and the responses will come. I agree that it's always motivating to get some input/feedback on your shots. Sometimes you may have to wait a day or two to receive this feedback, but it's dearly appreciated nonetheless.

Reading the "thank yous" within these posts and threads like this one, let folks know that their comments really are important. IMHO, if you're going to take the time to look at someone's image(s), take a few more seconds to post a comment :D

Thanks for posting this James,
    Steve
    Yes, This incdent really hit home to me an made me feel guilty for all the times I have looked at people's photo's and didn't give them any feedback. I will be sure to let them know in the future.

James.