Options

Mojave-III, part I: Ruins, Masks and Feathers (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited April 9, 2009 in Go Figure
As I mentioned in my tease post, last Saturday me and my new friend Alyona went to Mojave desert to take a few snaps (and have some nice lamb kabobs after that:-).

#1: When we originally met, Alyona was very interested in my "Feathered" project, so I decided to bring some of my original New Orleans stuff with us to make the same old ruin look a bit different:

507940292_bmrBX-XL.jpg

#2: I must admit, we both had fun shooting this, and for the first time this boa actually helped somebody to get warm (it was still barely above freezing point):

(edit: version 2)
507940392_3Zgab-XL-1.jpg

#3: Masked and Dangerous:

507940436_VwmMm-XL.jpg

#4: After the wall, we moved to a nearby "pit ruin", where we have started in a totally innocent lignerie mode:

507940534_6tLCe-XL.jpg

#5: However, there was something in the Mojave air that morning that didn't let the clothing stay on for long:

507940588_WxPup-XL.jpg

#6: And really, who needs cloth if you can hide your body from the chilling wind behind the wall and the rising sun is making you warmer every minute:

507940628_jdEjg-XL.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    BeamCatcherBeamCatcher Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2009
    Awesome model!
    I like the conversion to B&W you have done!

The first pix is my favorite. Do you have same with the model covering much more of the frame? Her skin against the wall, combined with her fab shapes really are cool, but I think it would benefit from a crop.

Cheers! Ivar :-)

PS! Kudos to your model access... ;-)
    Canon 7D
    Canon 16-35mm f2.8 II
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM
    Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM
    Canon Speedlite 550EX

http://www.beamcatcher.com/layout/Pictures.html
  • Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2009
    Great series Nik! the first one being my favorite lovely light on that one!

On the second one the shadow in her face is too strong (at least it shows that way on my mac monitor) and cant make any detail on her face or mask.

Thanks for sharing...

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2009
    I like the conversion to B&W you have done!

The first pix is my favorite. Do you have same with the model covering much more of the frame? Her skin against the wall, combined with her fab shapes really are cool, but I think it would benefit from a crop.

Cheers! Ivar :-)

PS! Kudos to your model access... ;-)

Ivar,
    thanks for commenting!

I don't have exactly the same cropped frame online, but here's a similar (yet totally non-processed one) to give you an idea what it may looked like cropped (and what it looked like in color:-):

505807206_hYJcK-X2.jpg

Cheers! 1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2009
    Wineman wrote:
    Great series Nik! the first one being my favorite lovely light on that one!

On the second one the shadow in her face is too strong (at least it shows that way on my mac monitor) and cant make any detail on her face or mask.

Thanks for sharing...

Z.

Thanks for stopping by! thumb.gif

Yeah, I hear you on the #2. I was trying to do global corrections only, but apparently this one requires some local ones, too. I'll see what I can do tonight and will replace...
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2009
    Image 2 updated